Speedfight 2 2004 Revs/Acceleration problems

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Speedfight97, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Speedfight97

Speedfight97 Member

Hello everyone, this is the first time im using a forum so sorry for any mistakes.
    I have a problem with my Peugeot speedfight 2, when i rev it when i stop on traffic lights theres a delay (2-3 seconds) before the bike starts going and then it accelerates quickly when i get to about 10mph, the revs sound weird like they wanna go up but go down until the moped starts going, I was thinking that it might be my clutch? Or my carb as i cleaned it but everything seems perfect with the carb. Also when i get to over 30mph and stop pulling the throttle and then i pull it the moped doesnt do anything for half a second and then it revs. I now the delay shouldnt happen because it wasnt there when i first got the bike, i also got a sport exhaust on it if that changes anything and got a new ngk spark plug.
    Thank you for any support.

2. coolbluelights

coolbluelights Member

If your exhaust is after market (pollini) then you will need to up jet your carb

3. Conver93

Conver93 U better check yourself before u wreck yourself

Rides:
    125 supermoto
    Make sure the carbs up jetted properly, just to be on the safe side, I'd check the pin in the throttle cable, mine kept dropping causing problems like this, also make sure your carbs set up right

4. Speedfight97

Speedfight97 Member

Thank you for quick replies :) I will try to read about jetting up the carb as im new to this, my exhaust is a hand made leo vince, so i guess i still need to jet it up? I know it is something to do with the carb because i took the air filter off for a second and had a quick go, the ped accelerated MUCH quicker, everything was perfect but thats only if the choke is up (i have a manual one) when its down its struggling when it gets to about 20mph, so does that mean i need to jet it up? I have checked the throttle cable/pin and everthing seems fine.

5. Conver93

Rides:
    125 supermoto
    Did you put the exhaust on yourself? If you did I'm guessing you didn't upjet it because you don't know what that means.... If you didn't, you need to find out what size jets are in your carb, if they're the standard size you need to up jet it, you can find them on pedparts, as for the choke, you need that down, if its running better when it's up you need to set your carb up properly, you can do that by turning the screws that come out of it, normally turn it right to get higher revs, if you turn it left it'll just cut out because there's not enough fuel going through

6. Conver93

Rides:
    125 supermoto
    And just remember if your still 16 you've gotta have it restricted to 30mph, fuzz are hot on mopeds at this time of year because all the 16 year olds are on them, I've been pulled over for speeding recently

7. Speedfight97

Speedfight97 Member

Yea I put it on myself and everything else is stock on the ped, I have looked on pedparts for the jets. Im not sure what size to get i have seen 5mm and 6mm. I know i need it down, but because it runs better when its up and without the air filter does that mean there is an air intake problem? or is it still the case of up jetting. when i put the air filter back on it runs fine with choke down but the acceleration problem occurs again.

8. Conver93

Rides:
    125 supermoto
    Just upjet it, get a new air filter, tune the carb right and you should be fine

9. Speedfight97

Speedfight97 Member

My moped is restricted to 40mph, but as I almost got cought speeding I stick to 30mph at all times im scared to go over 30 :D What do they do to you when they stop you? i got told they take your ped?

10. Speedfight97

Speedfight97 Member

Ok ill make sure to do that this week, thank you for your support and quick replies :) Great forum

11. Conver93

Rides:
    125 supermoto
    All I got was a ticket and an invitation to do a speed awareness course, just don't do what I did and make it go 60-70 mph then make it look bait as fuck, been pulled twice because of it lol image.jpg

testa likes this.
  12. Speedfight97

Speedfight97 Member

Oh yes your ped does look 'KINNDA' bait lol, I wanna make mine look like this but then im getting a 125 as soon as im 17 so i dont think ill do it (im just lazy) anyway thank you for help, much appreciated :) ps do you have any idea of what size jet i need? on ebay i see them listed as 50, 58, 60 and on pedparts its in mm?

13. Conver93

Rides:
    125 supermoto
    I might be getting a 125 soon, bored of 2 strokes lol, as much as I love this ped I want a bigger bike, which is kind of pointless because it easily keeps up with 125s :/ lol, better off finding out what you've already got then going from there mate

14. Rebel without a clue

Rebel without a clue Active Member

Rides:
    2000 Speedfight 50
    I'm having the same issues with my Speedfight too. If I take the air filter off it goes like stink but if I upjet it, it runs like a sick tortoise.
    Let us know how you get on please.

15. Speedfight97

Speedfight97 Member

Upjetted, and its all good :)

16. Rebel without a clue

Rides:
    2000 Speedfight 50
    Excellent. Mine's running pretty well now too. Does 55mph!

17. Speedfight97

Speedfight97 Member

did you keep it stock? if not what did you do to it? :)

18. Rebel without a clue

Rides:
    2000 Speedfight 50
    It already had the Leo Vince exhaust. I ripped off the front part of the air box, removed the triangle shaped malossi air filter from the back part of the air box and whacked a ram air open filter on the front of it, replaced the variator with a motoforce one, dropped in some 6.5 rollers and tweaked the carb.
    And she does 80mpg!!
    I'm aiming for the magic 6omph.

19. Jack_21

Jack_21 New Member

New to this Forum, so bare with me; Speedfight 2 been bugging me a few times.
    Ive had a new sports exhaust.
    Upjetted to 86 (had 72 when took it out)
    Had my carb off and cleaned thoroughly
    Emptied fuel tank to put correct measurments of two stroke (I premix)

The issue is: When i pull off it puff outs a lot of smoke hardly any accel (possible because of cold weather) then it picks up and off i go, but when i come off my throttle, either slow down for traffic or lights, its goes quiet as if its cut out but its not, then it'll pop a little then bog out, have to start it again. Been happening for a week trying to fix this. Any advice or suggestions? Also planning on putting a 70cc full kit on.
    Thanks

20. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Wow thats an old thread.
    Speedfights are very revvy, they dont move til the motor hits about 3k when its cold.
    Must be the clutch I guess