Speedfight 2 100cc starting issues

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Sumo, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Sumo

Sumo New Member

Just picked up a 53 plate speedfight 2 100cc.

It been stood up for a few years so been sorting it out.

I've put a new battery, new CDI bypass, new starter motor and it spins fine. Bendix is in good nick and engages with pulley plate fine.

In fear the bike might be seized I took the plug out to make sure there is spark which there is.

When the plug is out, the bike turns over and the piston is moving, when I put the plug back in the bike the starter motor won't do the job again? Wondering if it's the battery not having enough juice, but it's brand new?

The other issue is it came with no kickstart mechanism at all, I have bought all the bits including the 3 different length pinions 12.5, 13.5 and 15.5 and not one of them is working properly. They either slip or just lock and don't kick at all.

I've read about spacings with the kickstart stuff but literally don't understand how none of them work, would prefer that to work over the electric start but that seems closer to working at the minute so I'll take what I can get.

Any thoughts on how to get the bike going then anyone?

Thanks

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

My one didn't have kickstart either. I was amazed Peugeot had the nerve to supply the bike with no kickstart installed. Talk about penny pinching. Fortunately my mate sorted it but it never worked too well. As for your starting issue, it sounds like you have been supplied with a duff battery. Have you had it tested?