speedfight 2 100cc light and other problems

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by gart, Aug 16, 2010.

1. gart

gart Member

Rides:
    speedfight 2 100cc
    dam that guy just replayed about the regulater saying its no longer on sale

2. gart

gart Member

Rides:
    speedfight 2 100cc
    got it fixed it was the regulater, i got a used 1 for 5 pounds in a BIKE SHOP haha, well thanks for help GUNS and others!! happy days :)

3. gart

gart Member

Rides:
    speedfight 2 100cc
    oh yea the bulbs on my mian lights were the problem, they were 65/55 W and mine were ment to be 35/35 W lol im well happy now

4. GUNS

GUNS the usual suspect

Rides:
    racing SP70 & LX172
    pleased you got there in the end.

5. gart

gart Member

Rides:
    speedfight 2 100cc
    hey guns just 1 last slight problem, when im driving and i use the breaks, the front main beam dims down JUST A LITTLE BIT, is this fixable or is it normal? the battery is 13.88v
    will it just need couple more hours charge mabye to even the power about? and 1 last thing what volt should my battery be as i can now charge and track what volts it at!

6. gart

gart Member

Rides:
    speedfight 2 100cc
    how tight should a spark plug be? should it be tightend as hard as it can go or should it just be tightend enough like a couple of turns with the wrench?

7. GUNS

GUNS the usual suspect

Rides:
    racing SP70 & LX172

you do that, and you will strip the thread, and be in big trouble, the torque is hand tight and just nipped up......... tight but don't apply any strength, at a guess I would estimate about 12Nm, but not many have a torque wrench that low, so it's by feel.

8. gart

gart Member

Rides:
    speedfight 2 100cc
    ill have to losen it then a bit thanks

9. GUNS

GUNS the usual suspect

Rides:
    racing SP70 & LX172
    you can't loosen it, undo it fully and re-tighten. Maybe it's okay, but you were lucky, with a bit of leverage you can strip a spark plug thread with one hand, especially if the head is alloy.

10. gart

gart Member

Rides:
    speedfight 2 100cc
    yea i took it right off to c how it was, this is the 8 pound 1, and theres oil around the thread but the main part looks untouched :D

11. GUNS

GUNS the usual suspect

Rides:
    racing SP70 & LX172
    not only are you using current with the brake light, if you are braking, you have shut off the throttle, the clutch has disengaged, and the revs have dipped to a rpm where the alternator isn't spitting out much current.

12. gart

gart Member

Rides:
    speedfight 2 100cc
    ah yea i see now thanks, and last thing then, what SHOULD my battery volts be at for fully charged ?

13. southweezy19

southweezy19 hardcore ss member

Rides:
    yamaha neos!!
    nice one mate nothing makes me happyer than seeing someone fix the problemn them selves garages are a rip off. bet uv learnt a thing or two along the way aswell bud

14. Alex Barnes

Alex Barnes Active Member

just a quick question for you guys (people who know about speedfight 2's ) was just wondering if there is any way i can change the oil light bulb on the dash as i think its blown because it dont light up when starting the bike ive changed the 2 stroke sender and i know that works because it was tested before i bought it so it carnt really be anything else so yeh if any 1 knows how to change it,, it would be most helpfull thanks :)