Speedfight 172

Discussion in 'Videos' started by apex, Sep 11, 2007.

1. apex

apex New Member

Just a quick vid of the speedfight, filmed on the way to what turned out to be a pretty dry Ace Cafe.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y33PQCpanFU :punk:

Notice my mate on the dt who for some reason has to be standing up on his bike anywhere he goes.

2. SpAnNeR

SpAnNeR New Member

looks pretty nippy!
    i actually love that bike,good looks and a decent engine :)

3. apex

apex New Member

Cheers mate,

Yea with the runner lump it becomes a totally different beast :w00t: ,not really a fan of peugeot engines

4. Concept

Concept New Member

Nice! Very nice to see a concept scoot on the road. Looks a gd example from the vid.

5. haugh

haugh New Member

Woah thats quick

6. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

Yeah nice one...ive got a speedy with a blown engine and a 125/180 wireing loom in a box ;)

That manouvre between the 2 cars at the end looked a bit risky!!!!

But yeah looked quick!! ;)

7. Concept

Concept New Member

That manouvre means either the rider is silly or that hes confident in knowing the bike can do it. Im thinking its the 2nd one from the way its moving :punk:

8. apex

apex New Member

The gap at the end does look mad but i knew i could get through it so i went for it. There 's always that split second before a gap where you think is it wide enough, is the bike quick enough to make it, it was in this case tho :pimp:

9. Speedy 172

Speedy 172 Active Member

damn rite
    SPEEDY 172 :punk: :punk:
    buildin myself one :pimp:
    how did you come across a rare beast ?

10. apex

apex New Member

Well I was about to start buildin one when Abz told me about one up for sale on TAG i think, not even sure anymore. I saw it and just decided i had to buy it. The guy who did it was a mechanic so he did some good work on it, he decided to weld the mounts since i dont think he even knew about the conversion kit. Im just happy no one got to it before me :w00t:

It was just stock 172 when i got it, now it has a 180 vario and polini belt(courtesy of Skatergod) and a Ramair filter. 25mm carb, fresh rings and blue clutch springs should be on soon, aswell as Vivacity forks so ill be posting another vid soon.

Was also lookin to put a 12" rim on the back to even it out, did the gilly rear wheel with disc also come in 12" since this one is 13".

11. Concept

Concept New Member

125 wheel only in 13" unfortunately.

Was this the Silver speedfight 172 which was for sale not too long ago?

12. apex

apex New Member

Yea most likely, posted up by Battlechasers. Tell you what tho that front end is fuckin scary over certain speed, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too soft! If anyone does this project put forks on it! Iv got forks and renthals going on as soon as i get the cash.

13. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    so who crashed it then. it was mint before but now has massive scuffs down the side

maybe you saw my green runner as i come back from brighton on sunday

14. apex

apex New Member

That would have been me. Like i was sayin the front end is waaay to soft. I made a post about it not too long ago, was going about 70-80 down the fastlane of the A40. Not the best conditions and it went into a tankslapper out of the blue and threw me off. Scariest experience iv had to date. Luckily i twas just panel damage, nothing major but yea im going abit easy till i get those forks on there.

Where would i have seen you? Did you see me with a dt by any chance?

15. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    yer you were wheelying outside ace cafe on sunday night about 7ish maybe

i was in the car park with loads of superbikes in the middle as we had just done the brighton run

ps if that had happened to me i wouldnt ride it again, they did warn you it was for nutters :w00t:

16. apex

apex New Member

You know what i did see you come to think of it. I remember noticing a vx with a bunch of superbikes.

That was actually my mate wheelying it. Hes usually on his stunt but hes a nutcase the bike tried to throw him off a couple times when he came down from those wheelies. Like i said im chilling till i do the forks.

17. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    well i was the only scoot in there :w00t:

i think vivacity forks fit but will tey be ok with a 172 :msn1:

18. apex

apex New Member

Well the forks are a straight swap, they should be cool. Ill see if i can sort out an aftermarket caliper at the front. Either way the bike is mental and i love it so whatever needs to be done ill do it.

19. Speedy 172

Speedy 172 Active Member

how do you get it threw an mot hen its registered as a 50 :wtf: :wtf:

20. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

AAAH he is a nutter :D

or hes like me and a lot of others...Attracted to dangerous things ;)