Speedfight 100cc.

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Tony Smith, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Tony Smith

Tony Smith New Member

Hi. I've just purchased a rebuild speedfight and was wondering what advice people can give me to make it faster? First thing I'm changing is the heavy rollers in it coz it right slow at taking off. I was thinking of putting some stage6 parts on it but I don't have a clue about bikes so any help will be taken on board.

2. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

The speedfight 100 isnt really the best scoot to buy if you are looking to tune a scooter.
    you can spend a lot of money for not much in return, compared to a piaggio 2T engined scooter.

there used to be a few bits and bobs available a few years ago for the speedfight 100, but as the scoots themselves are getting more scarce, so are the tuning parts. for example on Ped Parts web site theres 1 solitary tecnigas exhaust available for the 100cc speedfight, The PM tuning pipe used to be the best for power back in the day https://www.pmtuning.co.uk/pm-tuning-x-tech-powerpipe-exhaust-peugeot-100cc-120cc-7692 but is very expensive.

But basically its the same as tuning other 2T engines...

A good expansion chamber pipe, larger carb and better flowing reed cage and petals, a cylinder with better flowing ports and better port timings, an increase in cylinder capacity, and optimising the transmission will all reap gains in performance.

if it was me i would sell the speedfight and get a 50cc liquid cooled scooter to tune, 3 bolt on parts on a 50cc and your already much quicker than a speedy 100cc.

3. Tony Smith

Tony Smith New Member

Hey bud. I know what you saying the exhaust ain't cheap at that price. If it's not too much trouble for you could you put some links up for the parts you have suggested, that's if it ain't too much trouble.

Someone at my work suggested I should get cylinder kit Malossi aluminium sport 120cc for Peugeot 100cc would that make any difference?

4. The Messenger

5. Tony Smith

Tony Smith New Member

Ok mate thanks for you help. I've already got that exhaust it came on it. What carburetor would you recommend if any?

6. Tony Smith

Tony Smith New Member

It it the non cat or Catalysed for the variator?

7. The Messenger

8. Tony Smith

Tony Smith New Member

Ok thanks for you help. I best start saving lol

9. Tony Smith

Tony Smith New Member

10. The Messenger

I prefer the genuine Dellorto carbs personally, yes they are more expensive but the quality is better. But yes that carb should be fine.

one thing I should mention, although it does mention it in the description... with the inlet i posted up, and the carb you posted up, you will need to run pre mix.

I dont mind pre mix, my scoot is pre mix... but some people find it confusing or a faff measuring oil out and adding it to the petrol.

11. Tony Smith

Tony Smith New Member

I will go for a genuine carb then. I already use pre mix now so won't make a difference for me. Thanks again fo your help