Speedfight 100 exhaust

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by matthew, Jan 4, 2014.

1. matthew

matthew New Member

Hi everyone brought a speedfight 100 last week been looking for a sports pipe but dosent seem to be many about for the 100cc will a speedfight 50 one fit or will it be restrictive ?? Any help will be great cheers :)

2. matthew

matthew New Member

Anyone ??

3. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    The 50cc one will be narrower and will restrict the engine. I'd check the local scooter breakers to see if they have one that's fitted to a Peugeot 100cc Trekker/Speedfight/Vivacity write-off that you could use, if price is a limitation. They all use basically the same engine.

4. matthew

matthew New Member

ok cheers mate i already have a yasuni 50cc exhaust from when i was younger and tbh the bore size by the manifold looks larger than the standard 100cc exhaust so mite give it a try does anyone no what gram rollers 100cc need to run a sports pipe thanks matt.

5. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    The rollers are irrelevant at this point, as you need to re-jet the carburettor for the new pipe or you rick knackering the engine. Get the carb running properly before you spend money on new rollers.

6. matthew

matthew New Member

Yee will do i need to up jet anyway because im mixing the oil myself

7. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Yes, you will. Check your plug colour after fitting the exhaust and running it for a short while at 2/3 to full throttle and the colour will give you a clue how the bike needs to be re-jetted. A black plug inner needs a smaller jet and a very pale grey or white inner needs a larger jet. You are aiming for something like a ginger nut biscuit colour for the centre insulator of the plug. Make sure that the auto-choke has turned off and that the bike has warmed up properly.

8. matthew

matthew New Member

Ok thanks for all your help merlin :) ill let you no when its all fitted how it goes

9. TyphJosh

TyphJosh Piaggio Typhoon 08 Plate (old Shape)

Rides:
    Piaggio typhoon
    did it work mate? just out of curiosity?