Spark plug issues with Gilera runner vx200

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Jake91, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Jake91

Jake91 New Member

So I recently changed the spark plug in my Gilera runner vx200 as I was just replacing a few old bits for new bits. But for some reason the HT lead with the plug connector on wouldn’t clip back onto the plug with the usual (click) noise.

So after some looking around with a torch I noticed the little nipple that screws onto to the plug was stuck in the cap. After getting it out I tried to screw it back onto the spark plug but was amazed to find it was too big for my plug.

just wondering if there are different sizes of these available and if so will I need to replace the HT lead cap. Could do with getting this sorted ASAP as riding home from work and having to push the cap back onto the plug every so often is getting boring now and have only done a ride to and from work once with it like this.

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Maybe the threads worn, new plug and NGK cap.

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

They are all one size as far as I'm aware.

4. Jake91

Jake91 New Member

Thread on the plug is spot on MARSH brand new one out the box. That’s what I thought scuba biker, maybe it’s the thread inside the nipple that has gone. Do you know where I could get one from by any chance ?

5. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Any bike/scooter shop !

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

AHA!
    Some plugs the nipple is fixed, some it can be unscrewed. make sure you get the right plug and matching cap.
    Wouldn't hurt to change the cap anyway.

7. Jake91

Jake91 New Member

Nice one guys appreciate the help will let you know how I get on. Today has brought new problems with the bike separate from spark plug issues but it’s nothing major easy fix so no help needed with this issue