some of are race bikes

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by steve w, Nov 1, 2009.

1. steve w

steve w Member

Rides:
    03 aerox
    I thought i would post up some pics off are race bikes.

This is are Suzuki wt 750 its run the quarter at 10.3 and is putting out 115bhp at the wheel when my brother was racing it back in 02-03 he was beating turbo busa to half track and 1000s to full track all that’s been done to it is the engine as been blue printed and an air shifter with tie down straps.
    [​IMG]
    this was after we won the ultimate power championship in 10.90 class
    [​IMG]

This is my dads first drag bike that he brought back in 1996 and it is a 1986 1100 gsxr but in 1998 we borred it out to a 1260 then in 1999 put some race parts in the engine and chassis mods plus we have put a 750 body kit on it in 2002 this one does the quarter in 9.60 at 150mph and is putting 158bhp at the wheel.

[​IMG]
    this was taken in 1998 at Santa pod with my dad racing it.
    [​IMG]
    this is the bike now.

My brother and dad brought this bike in 2007 its a Kawasaki zx1200r its been fitted with a turbo and race engine. in 2007 at evelington it went 243 mph and it still had a m.o.t and on road tyres . it is putting out over 550+ bhp and runs in the super street bike class now when funds allow. this should run in the low 7s on the quarter but its only been into the 8.2 due to the ride height is to high and is hand full on the run but we are sorting that out now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here is my speedway bike and my bros crosser but they have both been sold now
    [​IMG]

and last but not least my Yamaha Aerox 50 that ive just built
    [​IMG]

2. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    some nice bikes you have their man, :good:

3. steve w

steve w Member

Rides:
    03 aerox
    cheers mate if only we had more room to have more lol

4. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    that ninjas a monster, you got any more bikes?

5. steve w

steve w Member

Rides:
    03 aerox
    yh it is a hand full to ride ive never been on it, just my brother has raced it the only other bikes we got is a 250 monteser grass track bike that my dad raced when he was 18 and a honda super dream that needs some work doing to it but i havent got any pics of them . maybe when i win the lottory i can have more lol

6. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    whats the paint job on the kwak?

7. steve w

steve w Member

Rides:
    03 aerox
    The bloke who had the bike before us had it done i dnt rei lyk it but we need to put the money into geting the chassis right so we can put down the power and go quicker, its got a full motec system so we just plug in a lap top and download all the data from all the sensors dat we have put on the bike and can tune the power into the bike for the run depending on track condtions and weather it a preety neat set up am trying to convice my bro the put the new zx14 body kit when he gets some spare cash but we desprately need a sponsor to help us .

8. typhoon183cc

typhoon183cc New Member

Rides:
    Honda vision

x2

love a good ninja!!!!!!!

9. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Nice bikes man, who did the turbo for ya? They good for road? Always thought of turbo'in the CBR. You can never have enough bikes though can ya, I counted the other day, I think we got about 16.

:mod:

10. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    defo some tasty bikes there :hello:

11. steve w

steve w Member

Rides:
    03 aerox
    The turbo was done at big cc racing its a garret gt35 . the 750 is the best one for the road but the 1260 would be ok just gta be carfully off the footpegs when turning lol and as for the kawka we took it down the street but again its to lowe and it smoke the tyre as soon as you put any throttle on but there are turbo road bikes just gta get a smaller turbo and tune it for road ues. lol 16 dats alot of bikes we only a small single garge so can hardly move in der lol you forget how many bikes you have untill you count them all .

12. steve w

steve w Member

Rides:
    03 aerox
    cheers the 750 is for sale as we dont ues it any more so if you know anyone thats wants to av a go at drag racing or a track day bike because thats what it uesed for before we brought it i think the bloke raced it in mro series.

13. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Oh right fair enough, would definately look into it in a couple years maybe, you got beasty bikes. So I'm guessing you're gonna go down the same route? Do ya test n get a big bike?

14. steve w

steve w Member

Rides:
    03 aerox
    the cbr would look sik with a turbo coming out the side i might do mytest and get a big bike i wanna bulid a custom gsxr k6 but its down to money and room lol but to do drag racing you dont need a road liecance because me bro was the youngest to race in the big bikes when he was 16 and i was 2nd youngest at 17 but i dnt think my mum would be to happy with me on a big bike on the road lol
    least i would keep the old bill busy lol

15. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    they did an article on turbo and superchaged r1's in fast bikes, 220mph, 200bhp monsters,

i think the turbo has some issues with ground clearance with it poking out the side and all, and then its not as refined as the systems on cars so you still have the turbo lag problem,

think they said the supercharger made more sense, but was costly, hard to find room for it on a bike deigned to be as minimal as possible, and it didnt quite have the same "holy fuck" power delivery as the turbo

(il re-read the mag and edit my post it the morn ;) )

16. steve w

steve w Member

Rides:
    03 aerox
    yh you will have to be carful with the air filter hanging out the side but if you don’t lower the bike theres plenty of room as long as you don’t try and get ur knee down. as for the turbo lag you shouldn’t rei get any if its set up right but you av to have the right computer system on the bike to do that.

The superchargers i wouldn’t recommend them for a bike a bloke tried it in drag racing and he worked with for a couple of years and just had problems with it and went to turbo i would say a turbo its a much better set up over nos and supercharger its expensive at first but they are reliable and good on the motor where as nos just melts pistons all day long.

17. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    these to r1's were for road use, so the filter stopping near downs hinders handling of course, they said that it had a way more linir power curve on the supercharger too, but although it was on a 03 r1 with injectors, it fuels worse then the 01 bike with the turbo which is carbed.

they said that the charger didn't have any where near the kick the turbo had, but that on the road the turbo felt like a drag bike, and that you where only brave enough to use the power when the bike was bolt upright, where the charger felt like a r1 with a gp engine,

both bikes made 220bhp,

o1 r1 used a technics t3 turbo, ( same guy had a zx9 with a turbo of an old impreza)

and the 03 r1 brought some form of kit (but it was a pain to fit)

either way, you can get an 03 r1 for about 3000, plus the 3500 turbo and say 50o to fit it and set it and you sitting their on a 7000 bike that's faster but 3000 to 4000 less then the latest r1

cant find any pics of the two annoyingly, but im guessing we have all seen
    [​IMG]

18. steve w

steve w Member

Rides:
    03 aerox
    yeah that makes sence i wouldnt like the turbo to be boosting when going around a conor lol the turbo does hit hard its pulls my borther back out sometime when he is lauching you have to make sure ur into the bike and as one with the bike other wies if its comes up at you it will throw your body all over the place. i do like that r1 tho thats is very nice looks like big cc done the work by the looks of the sticker on the belly pan .

19. steve w

steve w Member

Rides:
    03 aerox
    I found this for you jefro is a cbr turbo like the zx12 we have got and run in the same class as we do but over in america

[​IMG]