Some footage from the Kitvision Escape HD5

Discussion in 'Videos' started by torpedo01, Jan 22, 2017.

1. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    So i dont clog the what have you done thread up with my videos for those that care or can be bothered watching them Ill just post any videos i upload in this thread dont expect to see road rage or wheelies or anything like that from me though I use a Kitvision Escape HD5 helmet camera on standard settings its a £27 camera so quality isnt Gopro standards or anything like that
    (taken down to be reuploaded on another platform)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

50 how much kmph?
    No speeding indeed:p

3. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    50kph the speedo is in KPH on the outside and mph in tiny bits there the fastest i got up to on that stretch was 40 mph speedo indicated :p

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    thats not bad at all from a 720p camera , thing is its clear enough to see what going on, in standard vga it would be very hazy and not very much clarity.

I own a Hitachi HDSV01U its a 1080p camera and cost me £70 a couple years back when released, a right royal pain as its not go-pro type fittings so i am stuck to a silly chest mount only ( not good when your view is of the dashboard speedo only ( im short so all you see are handlebars) and the non ability to helmet mount just makes it useless ( mind you 1080p @60fps is sweet )

heres a clip of my jello wobble test flight ( i own drones ). one thing with cameras is high freqency shakes like you find on a motorbike/scooter and drone, it cause the image to jump around and a jelly like apperance to the cameras recording. a lotta cameras suffer this if fitted direct to handlebars / bodywork and its not easy to stabilize without using jello pads and a lotta tinkering.

video in 720p @ 60fps

amazon have some pucker 4k video action cams these days at around the £40-50 mark running the go-pro like mount system ( go-pro couldnt patent two prongs and a screw so everyones not making cameras that can use gopro mount parts.

torpedo01 likes this.
  5. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    for what I use it for (usually as a just in case thing) it's perfect I didn't want to spend £100+ on one of the latest and greatest cameras only to find that I didn't like riding with a camera on Im still learning about cameras quality and editing etc etc but im slowly learning :p
    Next thing will be to try Moto-Vlogging occasionally if it turns out to be something I enjoy Ill probably invest in a higher quality camera but this one will do for now the fact that i could grab a frame and zoom in on a plate and still be able to read it really impressed me considering some £40 720p 30fps cameras couldnt give good enough quality to do that Id like to try a chest mount but wont bother buying the set up for that until/if I do end up buying a better cam

Just got another one for a dashcam for the van

6. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    as I said last night im impressed will have a look in currys cant order on line as I don't know anything about them

7. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Asda is where torpy got that cam from buddy. currys and likes your going to pay through the nose ;)

torpedo01 likes this.
  8. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    only reason im off to currys is its close to me were as asda is miles aeway only looking

9. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    its Asda and Tesco that usually have them at the not so extreme price not sure where else has them
    Just put the one in the van but cant drive it until Ive had the rear suspension uprated for the water tank

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  10. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    do you leave the memory card in and record over it

11. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    I personally dont I download my footage onto the laptop each day but I think you can have it record over the old footage

12. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    someone mentioned maybe doing to motovlogging.

theres a slight problem and that is most cameras these days only have an internal mic, but if your going to want to vlog a mic is very handy.
    so what you can do ( at your own risk ) is unsolder the mini internal mic and in its place add a 2.5 mic jack allowing you to fit corded boom mics and slipping them into your helmet,

heres a video on the kitvison mic mod

and heres a video on the waterproof box mod

13. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    I would just use a external device to record sound and sync it in editing tbh I tried to get my phone to record with a external mic plugged in but it wouldnt

Edit: ordered a trrs adapter for the phone so I'll be able to use external mic and record sound externally

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017