Skeleton/rat scoot?

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by JerseyJim, Jul 29, 2011.

1. JerseyJim

JerseyJim Member

Rides:
    '99 Zip RST
    Good idea or not?

Im in 2 minds to create something a tad different with my scoot...

Thinking about stripping the panels off of it ( they are tatty and need repainting) and running it as a bare frame until they are finished. I do intend to fit lights etc and an alu treadplate and keep it just the right side of legal.

Im getting mixed feed back from friends and am seriously unsure if its a good idea or not. I need to use the scoot daily so stripping off the panels one weekend and tidying up the wiring and cables etc and cutting out and fitting a floor plate to use again monday is ok, but the panels are going to get some 'special treatment' that im not going to be able to get done overnight so the scoot could end up being run this way for a few weeks.

What are your thoughts?

2. fem

fem New Member

Rides:
    SR 70
    make a rat scoot of it.. my sr 50 is with the panels but i have got the stickers all over it. Im not sure about riding without panels, different law in different countries.

3. chrisf2207

chrisf2207 New Member

as long as the wiring is all tidy and the electrics are well insulated and like you said its all road legal with lights ect it should'nt be a problem not really my idea of a good looking scoot i prefer clean sleepers but everybody is diffrant and if its the only way your going to get the work done on the panels you wana get done then go for it because im pretty sure there isnt a law reguarding having to have panels jus lights speedo ect as honda make a ped with pretty much no pans

4. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    No.It's not legal. Unless you cut off all the brackets etc cause if you fall off or hit someone you will impale them wont you... it's on another thread about a stripped sr.

5. mbk3dga

mbk3dga Member

Rides:
    aprilia sr R
    i rode my typhoon like this just get some black tape around your wires so its noticeable and police never stopped me :)

6. luke_2401

luke_2401 New Member

As long as theres nothing thats going to impale pedestriand youll be fine.
    Its an mot requirement to have no sharp edges on display, so you might have trouble there unless you relocate everything.