sinnis scooters?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by ben84, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ben84

ben84 New Member

in the market for a new 125cc scooter was all set to get either sym jet 4 or peugeot vivacity 3 but i have now found a local dealer selling 2 brands sinnis and generic both look good and have dealer support + 12 months warrentys but are these just more dodgy chinese stuff? they look better than most i have seen are these brands up there with kymco and sym? the scooters i was looking at are the generic xor 125 and sinnis eagle and matrix 2 any advice or info on these brands would be great as i will need it to be reliable as i have no mechanical know how at all and it will be my commuter to work.

2. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    http://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/scooter_range.php

Not heard of them but apparently they use suzuki engines (2 strokes for the 50s and 4 strokes for 125+) so thats a positive for them unlike the usual chinky crap.

Their home page also has good reviews from the likes of MCN and TAG magazine...

3. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Out of the brands you've named, the only ones to consider are sym and kymco. Both are 100% reliable, sensible, and will last as long as any big names from japan, italy.

4. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    Sorry to dissapoint you... those scoots are fucking chinese and they are complete crap! and it will be hard to even find parts for them, many people have them here in greece and firstly they dont go any fast at all and secondly they are everyday in the service place.

5. red and black runner

red and black runner Member

Lol ,....... All u really wana buy is a piaggio scooter I wouldn't get anything other than Italian dnt waste ur time on peugeot's , (Chinese bikes) also yamaha's are good :)

Carla likes this.
  6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Sym and kymco are from taiwan not china. Taiwan that's where your telly, mobile phone, most electrical items come from, i don't think you asked where your nice mobile phone was made when you bought it did you? As for only buying piaggio, after a few years of british weathers the Taiwanese scooters will last just as good. (the exhuasts last far longer than piaggio items) If you want a good commutor scooter then you'd be a fool to rule out scoots from Taiwan.
    And another thing, sym was set up years ago with a lot of help from Honda, they showed sym how it's done. And as for kymco, they make engines for Kawasaki quads and engines for BMW bikes, namely the 800cc twin!!.

7. MoonDog

MoonDog Member

Rides:
    Honda Dylan 04
    What is your intended usage is the question you should ask the OP.

Do you want something to mod the hell out of? If so go with whatever Stathis would suggest.
    Do you want something to go to work on for 6 months through winter, that you will abandon after passing your test, and probably run into the ground? If so buy something Chinese and cheap. Sym, Sinnis, Kymco, <Insert Random Name> are probably fine for you.

What is your budget?

I run a Honda, because i like reliability, and i rebuilt my bike after picking it up for £200 on ebay. If you arent mechanically minded nor have people around you that are, then going this route isnt for you. The most maintenace you will do is oil changes. If you are mechanically minded keep an eye out on ebay/gumtree for people unloading bikes that need some work and are cheap (but have v5 with them, or you end up with something stolen).

Also dont discount bikes like Honda CG125, Suzuki GS125, etc, as they can be had in working state occasionally for less than the price of working scoot.

8. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Sym are made in Taiwan, they also make engines for Honda so there is no issue with the build quality. Kymco are very similar and either would be a good solid buy. The Yamaha Aerox is built by MBK in France Some Piaggio models are now made in China. So have a look at the VIN plate to see where the bike was made, you may be surprised.

9. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    What about Boatian, these are built in China to a higher standard than similar looking bikes. Pedparts speak well of them and the back up is good. They make 125's. so they might be worth a look if you want a new ped without the high cost.