Simon's Project ET2 (update Page 7)

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by SimonT, Jan 9, 2007.

1. bait

bait Active Member

i was w8n 4 u 2 make a mistake mate been w8n all week and wow ur barrel came out well lookin at that piston
    lucky :thumbsup:

2. SimonT

SimonT New Member

hehe...

yeah... veeery lucky...

you can see the scuff mark..... and that was it... no gouges out of it or anything.
    A new piston, rings and small end bearing should do the trick :)

3. SimonT

SimonT New Member

So. Decisions.
    I can get a new piston and some reeds I need for a total of 54 euros.

Alternatively, I can get a new kit like a malossi one for about 89 euros. It has reeds with it. Worth the extra?

4. bait

bait Active Member

i say pay the extra...its not exactly much exxtra plus it will have no scores or scuffs atall and is likely to last longer before giving trouble that way you wont have that minor scuff on your mind u can also keep this cylinder as a spare...or may b sell it ang get some of the money back from the new 1

5. SimonT

SimonT New Member

yeah good point.. although there isnt really the market for old cylinders here...

ill chuck the 50 back in until i work it out hehe.

btw.... dont you sleep??

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    i have plenty kits here lying about, perfectly good for a few more thousand miles but in need of pistons.. i cant warrent paying the price people want for them tbh, and as you say, a new kit is pritty fuckin cheap by comparesen, you dont get a small end bearing wiht a kit tho remember.. looks like a thin bearing your running not a wide one anyway so it can work its way to one side and let the piston chatter about a bit.. this will soon break it.

but ye, new kit, find a chineese piston that fits in that barrel and try some experimental tunning :D

7. bait

bait Active Member

answer 2 ur question simon i do but i find it hard 2 get 2 sleep early these days cant find any nice grade up here its all "cheese" then u smell it and it becomes apparent its not but yea so i end up watchin films till 3 in mornin

8. SimonT

SimonT New Member

Thanks for the advise minor. I'm almost finished chucking the 50 back in. I'll just buzz around on that for a bit while I look for some cheapie pistons. I guess they just have to be the same dimensions really.

Bait.... Nfi what you just said lol.

9. bait

bait Active Member

lol cba 2 explain so lets just say no i dont sleep...im a vampire :this: :hello:

10. SimonT

SimonT New Member

hehe fair enough :)

11. SimonT

SimonT New Member

so... i ended up putting the 50cc cylinder back on... it actually goes quite well....
    i guess i had some low expectations of it... hehe.

anyway.. i had a thought about getting the 70 up and running again.

polini sell a 47.4mm oversized piston. im thinking it might be cheaper to get the iron kit i have bored out the .4mm and get one of these pistons.

I cant imagine the machine work on this engine will be too much.... not the 49 euros difference between buying the piston and getting a new kit.

what are you guys thoughts... are there any issues with this re ports etc.

12. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    overboring means slightly more cylinder and slightly less port area, does add up to somthing, just not anything substantial.. if its cheaper do it, just be aware of the risks of reboring... plus whoever you find to do the work will be able to scorce you a piston anyway so worth talking to them first

13. SimonT

SimonT New Member

Yeah thanks minor. I made a few phone calls. Turns out it's not as cheap as I was hoping.

I'll convert to euros so we are all on the same page.
    Option 1.
    Malossi iron kit is 89 euros from scooter center (+ post)

Option 2.
    47.4 piston is 40 euros.
    New reeds (i need some and they are included in the malossi kit) are 14 euros.
    Rebore is A$60 which is about 35 euros.
    Total is around the same as option 1.

I'm thinking the easy and safer option it the malossi iron kit.

I'll have to be patient as money is tight til the bank ponies up some money for building our house. So far we have been using our savings. :-S

14. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

i have a new malossi iron kit here you can have cheap if you want not sure what postage will be though

15. SimonT

SimonT New Member

woooo... has it been used?
    what bits are included?

what price would you be after?

no idea on postage.... the last lot of stuff i ordered from scooter center was around 20 euros i think.... had a crank and a few other bits and pieces... probably a similar weight.

16. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

it needs a circlip and a gasket set it has be fitted but not run as i took engine out and put a l/c one in instead. has had exhaust port played with a bit but noting nuts ill make sure its perfectly shaped before i send it and erm bung us £20 for it i dont think ill be useing it ever its just sat in a box somewhere

17. SimonT

SimonT New Member

wow... cheap man...
    Ill flick you some more for post though.

So what has been done to the exhaust port, and who did it?

Whats the part number of the kit?

Thanks heaps man... :)

18. Runner-Joe

Runner-Joe New Member

Rides:
    Typh 125
    WOW just read all this project and you have done an amazing job pal !

shame about the kit going on you :(

have you checked the cases for any foreign part ? dont want to put a new kit on now and find it breaking again due to loose debris inside the crank cases :cry:

anyway, youve done brill so far ! keep at it :mrgreen: :cheers: !!!

19. SimonT

SimonT New Member

thanks dude...

yeah i pulled the cases apart... and cleaned everything with thinners.... all good :)

20. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

tere was a topic on here a while ago where minor explained what to do on a iron 70 so i did that just needs finishing which i will do prberbly 2moro then post you some pics of it.
    and im not sure on the part number its just the a/c iron sport one