side stand and jack up kit help

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by RojAEROX, Aug 24, 2008.

1. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

so yer my aerox is looking a bit dull at the moment so i wanna start making it look a bit better and i thought a nice side stand would be more practical (and nobody round here has one) and also i want a jack up kit to just make it look better.

i was really after a chrome side stand but not too bothered tbh, what one should i go for?

and also ive been lookin at jack ups and have come accross this type and this type which one is best to go for?

cheeers :pimp:

2. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    i like the first 1, cheap aswell

3. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

yer thats what i was thinkin. not really sure what the difference between them is. i just thought it would be kool as its same colour as my ped

4. Chris #101

Chris #101 New Member

5. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

yer i found that one aswell. it looks good but looks quite short? not sure iff thats better or worse with a jack up kit as i would prefer iff it lent over more rather than less.

6. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    if you jack the back up you will NEED a side stand, and go for a tnt stand, good and sturdy the one on ebay is weak, i used to have a black one on mine, they cant take the weight of the bike and seem to bend.

7. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

yer i thought that side stand was a bit too cheap to be any good. what are the buzzetti ones like?

8. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    thinking about it, my mate had a jak up on his rox and as dec said u will need a side stand cos the normal 1 used to wobble like fuck with the jak up

9. Lukash

Lukash Member

Rides:
    SR125
    Buzzetti stands are solid, ive got one on my jetforce and its not let me down yet. My ped weighs a tonne as well and it definately copes with it fine

10. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

ill probably go for that buzzetti one then

yer i heard this about having to have a side stand with jack up. my mate runs jack up and centre stand with no problems on his rox. doesnt really matter though as im gunna get side stand anyway.

now i just need 2 find a L plate cranks case bracket cheap.

11. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Local hardware/DIY store. L shape brackets are like 50p lololololololol

12. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

no i mean a bracket to mount my L plate, on ebay theyre like 13 quid or something stupid lol

13. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    yea but u cud use anything metal really.

14. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Yeah that's what I'm talking about.
    Why pay 13 odd quid when you can ride down the road an pay 50p?
    Just gotta find the right size one.

15. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

ahh right safe, yer i only need a small bracket, im sure you can get them in b&q or something