Setup Critique

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by McScooterson, Jul 17, 2007.

1. McScooterson

McScooterson Member

It's nice to find a Scooter Forum out of the U.S. where scooters aren't really happening. I was hoping that those of you who care to, would critique my current setup.......tell me what to upgrade for best results.
    -70 Malossi MHR replica kit(cases matched, with exhaust port matched and polished to the pipe).
    -Yasuni C16
    -Arreche 21mm carb
    -Malossi Over Range(old style w/ 16x13 rollers)

2. haugh

haugh New Member

Very nice mate what bike have you got?
    I'm going to do roughly the same with my Runner 50 :pimp:

3. *James*

*James* New Member

Thats a good setup you got there, are you running a standard reed block? standard crank? also you might want to try a better CDI?

4. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

ive got a simaler setup to you but no flowing or matchin and a c16 coming soon.
    do you have a gear up or a torque drive or a different reedblock and have you upgraded your crank

5. McScooterson

McScooterson Member

2005 Yamaha Zuma. Only sold in the US, and its lame compared to an Aerox.
    I purchased and installed a full circle bgm 12mm crank from thescootercenter.com.
    I also bought a MHR reed block and manifold from a guy named Andre on ebay. I think he was from England. I'm using the Arreche airbox, and malossi 13/44's.
    This is all pretty much new to me this summer. Last year was my first year scootin', and I put on an Airsal T6R, Technigas RS. I wanted a little more so all ^ that stuff is what I went with.

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    who did the work for you fella?

7. McScooterson

McScooterson Member

I did all of it except some of the crank job. I had my Yamaha dealer put the cases back together, other than that it was a loners job. [/code]

8. McScooterson

McScooterson Member

I can post some pics. I just have to figure out how. I do have a Video on You Tube that I made for a guy who wanted to hear the difference between a 50cc Leo setup, and a 70cc Airsal setup with the "RS" pipe. Check it out if you want......Go to www.YouTube.com, then search "Technigas, Leo Vince". You can see my Yamaha Zuma, and my wifes Yamaha Vino.

9. haugh

haugh New Member

Very nice mate, that Zuma looks like it can move ;)

As for the pictures, host them on www.imageshack.us :tup: