set up's (crank question)

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Hursty, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Hursty

Hursty New Member

ok this is the shiznit im lookin at..

Polini Corsa 70 kit
    polini sport 70 kit
    malossi sport kit
    malossi mhr

dellorto 21mm carb
    dellorto 19mm carb
    dellorto 17.5mm carb

im not lookin to uprate my crank.. just bore kit and carb..

but as said in another thread.. i am gunna be using the bike every day.. and i dont wanna be stoppin in every fuel station.. so if some one could point me in the right direction with the above it would be much apreciated..

i know that if i put these in.. its gunna kane my fuel anyways.. so im not too worryed about fuel.. but am being fussy about it lol

ben..

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    dont drink that much more.. the horror storys you hear are from people running 90 jets.

id go for the mhr rep as its got 2 rings not one. alot more reliable and you dont have to babysit the thing

3. Hursty

Hursty New Member

so im not gunna have to keep changing the piston rings ?? if so how often ? and how will i notice when they need changing

also... which carb would be best m8?

ben.

4. Hursty

Hursty New Member

also are malossi better cyclinders than the polini ones ?

ben.

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    swings and roundabouts.. i prefer polini but theres the right barrel for every application. in your case the mhr is better suited as the polini corsa needs more attention more often. makes a little more power tho

6. Hursty

Hursty New Member

ok.. so lets say i wanna go for major reliability ... polini sport or malossi sport??

ben.

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    polini as its cheaper and they always seem to last longer.. pistons are a little thicker too. also the head is a tighter profile

8. Hursty

Hursty New Member

rite. i think im gunna go for an iron kit.. for some reason i got the impression that the alloy kits are really unreliable :wtf:

but doesnt the malossi cyclinder produce more power ?

ben.

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    no.. port map is prittymuch identical on ether but the polini head is a little better. ether way quoted bhp form any manufactor is based on a flowd/matched case and matched exhaust.

10. Hursty

Hursty New Member

whats the difference in power between an alloy and an iron kit ?

ben.

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    oh my god you do keep asking the same question a million different ways.

iron will be a true 7ish and an ali around 8-9. do you know what ether feel like tho? get an iron kit for now. if your bored of it quick get an ali kit. will have the iron kit to use if all goes tits up.. simple

12. Hursty

Hursty New Member

my engine has done 14.000miles (ish) and i was just wondering how long a crank will last.. if it wont last much longer on a 70 kit then ill get a new one..

also are the full circle cranks best to get ?

ben.

13. JakeSP

JakeSP New Member

They up the crankcase compressio so yeah ;)

14. tweak

tweak Member

simple answer to this one; uprate the crank plus mains and seals (means full strip and rebuild). Far cheaper than buying your kit, getting it fitted and setup, then seeing the conrod punch through the case/barrel.

15. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    i agree but do what you feel. personally the first thing i do when tuning anything is uprate the bottom end. usually use a full circle crank, c4 mains, new seals etc...

(i know that on paper c4s make no difference but i think they do, feels sooo much smoother and for the extra £10 it's worth it.