Seem to have no go but reaches 46mph.

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by steve82, Feb 25, 2017.

1. steve82

steve82 Nrg power

Rides:
    Piaggio nrg power dd
    Got a piaggio nrg power dd with Leo vince TT and I think it's got 4g weights with a 69 main jet all derestricted. It revs to 9500 but seems to struggle to reach top speed of 46mph. Any help please

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

4g sounds aweful light to me

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    yup, nrg power with just a pipe will need more weight or all revs and no go. try around 5.3

4. steve82

steve82 Nrg power

Rides:
    Piaggio nrg power dd
    I think it was to light I'll buy some 5.5 or 5.3 which ever I can get. Cheees guys

5. steve82

steve82 Nrg power

Rides:
    Piaggio nrg power dd
    Cheers minor just put some 5.5gr was going to take it out but started to rain

6. steve82

steve82 Nrg power

Rides:
    Piaggio nrg power dd
    Well put them in and the pick up to 25 mph was a big notice.

7. steve82

steve82 Nrg power

Rides:
    Piaggio nrg power dd
    I have the needle second from the bottom with a 68 jet could I get any more power if I put the c clip up one and will I have to retune it i.e. Change main jet?

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    best to read the guide tbh, guidses section... or try keep the carb side of things fairly close to standard (ie filter and so on) i tend to, with slight tweaks.. for instance, i have a 50 typh with a pipe and 70 kit, so i put the 80 carb (17.5 as aposed to the piddler) at stock 80 settings, with a slight upjet and a lil richer at idle. never really ajust the carb, just rtransmission. its a lil rich all over, but thats good for all year round, an its winter... so running niiiiice in the cold.

your engine can tell you exactly how to ajust the carb, where, and why... you need to know how to listen to your engine. its all in the setup, learn what wrong is.... so too rich, too lean,and youwill know wheres perfect. again, the guide has alot more info than ican be bothered to type right now lol

scubabiker likes this.
  9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if you put stiffer clutch springs in, you get a predictable overrev off the line, and REALLY notice when you are off the clutch and entirely at the mercy of whatever the rollers want to do, you want the revs to ever so slightly decrease untill you top the gears out. ajust the roller weright untill the bike does this. dont need a rolling road, just saves tuners riding about all day on customers bikes ;)

10. steve82

steve82 Nrg power

Rides:
    Piaggio nrg power dd
    Cheers thank you