seat wont open..

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by dogtits, Jun 12, 2009.

1. dogtits

dogtits New Member

Rides:
    aerox 70
    any help appreciated :grin:
    well you turn the key to the left to pop the seat up but it wont pop up, is there any other way to get into it?
    Cheers

2. J.beazley

J.beazley Member

Rides:
    Yamaha AeroxR 70
    Only thing i can think of is do what i had to, lift the back of the seat and spray some WD40 on the latch part and wiggle the key in the lock until the cable gets a bit greased up to release the seat.
    just dont force it as i was lifting the seat it unlocked and i managed to rip the hinge clean off the seat bowl.

Jay

3. dogtits

dogtits New Member

Rides:
    aerox 70
    cheers :)
    ill go try now..

4. Burns

Burns Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia sr50
    if that dosnt work, take the front panel off and disconnect the cable and pull it

5. boddy101

boddy101 New Member

is their anything jamed under the seat like a helmet. turn the key to open the seat a push the seat down then up could work lol

6. adz452

adz452 Member

Rides:
    Vespa T5
    same with my speedie if the seat was jam packed ud have to push it down then itd pop up, but aerox are prone for havin a dodgey seat my mates fucked up best bet is to do what burns said and unscrew your panels :good:

7. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    If its a runner just whack the back of the seat :whistle:

8. Louie.Aerox

Louie.Aerox New Member

what bikes it for looks like aerox?, if it is the little bit that covers the petrl cap take the four screws out and gently lift it up and get some pliers or a long screwdriver and try and lift the cable off the bit where it holds it down. I had the same problem with mine the seat cable might not be on properally

9. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc
    yes mate i had this problem maybe 10 times lol take all your side panels off and from the passanger seat bit you can see the seat lock handle just slide it with a big screw driver dnt listen to others you will bust your seat lock.

10. dogtits

dogtits New Member

Rides:
    aerox 70
    fixed,,
    cheers alperin :mrgreen:

11. Louie.Aerox

Louie.Aerox New Member

lol how will he fuck his seat i basically told him to do what u said bit from a diffrent angle lol?

12. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc
    dats alright m8. glad i can help lol :good: