Scooter won't start after three months

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by cormskie125, May 12, 2020.

1. cormskie125

cormskie125 New Member

Hi I didn't use my scooter for three months then when I went to start it wouldn't fire up. The battery is fine loads of petrol and it turns over when I press start button but engine won't start.
    I noticed one of the lines running from the Carb was split so will have to replace can anyone tell me what the line is called and where to get a replacement? I think it's an air line?(see photo) It runs from Carb (gold coloured clip) to rear of bike. Would this split line prevent it starting? If not what else should I try? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. cormskie125

cormskie125 New Member

Also re photo it isn't possible to attach the pipe to the connector at rear of bike because the hose isn't wide enough I need a new one that would have a bigger circumference at the end

3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    ?,looks like your fuel line.;).

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    That's for egr valve, stick a bolt in the rubber pipe, it will start then !

5. cormskie125

cormskie125 New Member

have tried that still wont start, i think the engine isnt getting petrol, i took off kick start couple of years ago cant remember why but if kickstart still there i think i could create the combutsion to kick the engine into life Might try and put the kickstart back on anyone know how to do this is there a youtube vid

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Has it got a spark ? petrol ? side stand down ? kill switch ?

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  7. cormskie125

cormskie125 New Member

Thanks for replays I got a new rubber pipe on the net and put it on and it started straight away so must have been some sort of air leak but still had terrible trouble keeping it running when I twisted throttle it just died I messed about with the idle screw on carb(I think) for about an hour and finally got Engine to stay on, but put new petrol in with old too so maybe that helped but scooter has been stored for months so will I need a new carb if present one is all varnished. I'm going to post a new question with vid about back wheel spinning when I start

8. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Just give the carb a good clean out. And yes the rear wheel does turn when it starts up, transmission is engaged, it will slow down when choke turns off.

9. cormskie125

cormskie125 New Member

Thanks for info the scooter seems to be running not bad now just back from 30 mile trip upto 60mph at one point but that was downhill! As I said in previous posts was having problems keeping the engine going it would bog down when twist throttle and stop but once I got it to idle by the engine idle screw on carb I just left it for 40 minutes with the engine on and it seems to have sorted itself out. Not sure why? But going to change the oil and spark plug and do valve clearances anyway won't do any harm. But it was definitely replacing the split egr valve rubber pipe that got engine to fire up again Thanks

PS. What's with the black background I don't like it personally for me far better to go with white background much easier to look at.