Scooter won't rev

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by yampiedog, Sep 27, 2013.

1. yampiedog

yampiedog Member

Pretty sure one of the screw holes on the bottom of the carb is damaged and can't be tightened up correctly creating a very slight gap. I have used some gasket sealant but if all else fails I will source a nut that fit screw to allow longer screw to tighten...

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Normally works that, a nut and bolt. I find a 2BA works just fine.

3. yampiedog

yampiedog Member

Just put it all back together and mo apparent leaks yet but will ride to work again tomorrow and see what happens...

On another note, noticed some oil in the pipe into and out of the carb?

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

If it's not excessive don't worry, just a little extra lube for the piston.
    Enjoy your scoot now it's working properly and don't look for problems, they WILL cause nightmares;)

5. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    If the oil pump is a centrifugal type, you will always get a slight 'siphoning' effect, it's quite common. Centrifugal pumps aren't positive displacement, so they are always 'open' as there is no gear or piston to provide a positive seal. It's not broken, so don't fix it.

6. yampiedog

yampiedog Member

Happy with that!
    Happy with that!

7. yampiedog

yampiedog Member

Discovered a fuel leak again but a little bit of gasket sealant applied externally and all seems well, will check fuel level again in the morning...

8. yampiedog

yampiedog Member

I have decided that the old carburettor has seen better days and for the sake of constant tinkering to ensure no leaks and a correctly operating float etc etc etc I decided to get a new Deni carburettor. Ordered Wednesday, arrived Thursday and fitted today. Started her up and she sounds like she is running better than ever, will be taking her for a spin shortly...