Scooter not powering up

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by sub100, Aug 5, 2012.

1. sub100

sub100 New Member

Hi all I have a Honda Ps125 2009 model. I was riding last night & I noticed the red F1 light was up while the scooter was in motion (F1 panel lights up when ignition is switched on & light goes out after few seconds). I lost power for about a sec but the F1 light went off and scooter was riding as normal. This happend twice, but got home without breaking down.

Next day I started the scooter and I took it for a short road test. After riding for about 15 mins, all looked good until I was stationary on a side road. The F1 light lit up again and all electrical power was lost. No lights, clock etc.. When key was turned it was also not starting.

This is my first motorcycle/scooter and dont know much about them. I am suspecting its the battery but i did not see any signs of battery dying for eg. very dim headlights etc. And also the sudden electrical power cut seems a little odd for a old worn battery.

Please please help! Thanks in advance

2. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    the lights etc are powered off the bike i belive whilst running so you may noy have noticed that, charge the battery and see what happens

3. Xylon

Xylon Member

Rides:
    Honda PS125i
  4. Burridge

Burridge Ambulance selfie King

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    I had this problem with my ped and it turned out the fuse coming from the battery wasn't contacting properly :)