Scooter Identity as Parts needed

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Dean Wright, Sep 2, 2018.

1. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Go up a tad on the main jet and see how it feels

Sam phantom likes this.
  2. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    Will order a range of main jets. Had another play and put air screw to half turn from One turn and a half and was 100% better. She was good for a while but then started bogging, but not as much as she was.
    Can now hold her at half throttle and she will hold the revs, till you try full throttle and all power is loss. Its like hitting a kill switch till you throttle off.

So issue is deffo in the carb?

Can you guys please tell me the standard settings for the the two screw adjusters and the needle height ? This will give me a ballpoint to go on, as I am just guessing and clutching at straws not knowing.

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Idle speed screw has no "factory setting" per se. Just screw it in til you feel it pull the revs up a bit.

4. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    Shes a runner :) many thanks to you guys for your advice. Got a different carb and all ranges are good.

IMG_20191002_143123.jpg

I am now going to the do the drive, as has a terrible rattle when you shut off. Thinking it might be belt. I am reaching out to you for what we I can do to make it better whilst I am in the there.

Is there anything you recommend to change like weights, springs etc ? We are on standard exhaust and air filter.

Any tips would be great, as his mates dad has bought his son a Peugot Speed Fighter 2 (money no objest in that House :) ) So the race is on. Will our MBK be able to beat it?

IMG_20191002_183129.jpg

Decals to get, but getting there
    IMG_20191002_180318.jpg

5. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Malossi mutivar best mod can’t stress enough.. there be no contest then!

I’ve got one for every scooter I have owned

Cheap and easy to fit.
    Top tip, get a new locking nut and conical washer when you get the kit.. pedparts have everything you need

6. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
  7. Sam phantom

8. Sam phantom

9. Sam phantom

I’d also get a sports exhaust but keep the standard air box 68 jet is the sweet spot in my experience

Would be a happy little reliable engine

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Don't use an open filter....

11. Sam phantom

12. Sam phantom

F0961334-F549-42D1-A1B7-761F14C3DE63.jpeg Inspiration for you,nothing serious just the mods mentioned above and cleaned to a standard you could dine of it.

Edit: same Minarelli type engine as your jogg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  13. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    Thats beautiful Sam. Have not got the skills or the money to get it like that. Love the shock and yer tyre looks so sticky. The lads is a MBK.

Me cart is ready at pedparts. Think got all we need.

Capture.JPG

I noticed when stripping the back wheel is wobbling on the drive shaft. Sure something is worn in the splines as the shaft is not moving but wheel does on the splines. Will see if can be sorted, when get the tyre sorted. Yet she has only done 10k ish

14. Sam phantom

washer under the nut for the rear wheel there?

15. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    Thats what is was Sam washer missing. (yer the man)

Got the Malossi Speed Control Variator all on . Shes a lot faster off the mark. You have to blip the throttle like a motorcrooser. ( luv it ) Will road test when MOT time.

Still got that rattle at the back, all the drive looks sweet and run with casing off. Its when you shut down from top revs. Must be in the gearbox?

Sam phantom likes this.
  16. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    Thanks to all. My Lad has passed his CBT and has been on the road for a couple of weeks. He is enjoying the freedom and it did bring back memories as he sped off down the lane :)

The scoot accelerates well, but no top end. Carb, Air-box and exhaust is standard, Still got that whining from gearbox and could be holding it back.

We fancy a big bore Kit :) Are these any good please? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIG-BORE...-for-YAMAHA-JOG-50-R-Z-MINARELLI/362035144645

Dean

17. Sam phantom

Have a look at all the kits on pedparts, which there are many for your bike!
    Better branded Quality kits on there very well priced

18. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    Taking your advice Sir. Think I have everything? Going to be ace on that Manual Carb I think :)

Annotation 2020-01-16 112447.png

19. Sam phantom

Nice what cylinder kit did you go for ? Do you have main jets ?

20. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP