Scooter Identity as Parts needed

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Dean Wright, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    Can you tell me what this scooter actual is please? So far I have

Reg says its a MBK. (waiting for log sheet)
    50cc
    2 Stroke
    The engine is stamped "Made in Italy"

Have searched net for details and no joy. I need piston and rings to start with.

I presume she is just branded as MBK and must be other scoots that are the same.

Want to do it up for me eldest who is nearly sixteen. Think it will be alright as a his 1st scooter?

IMG_20180902_115555.jpg

IMG_20180902_115535.jpg

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Mbk is a French company they sell Yamaha bikes under licence I think so It’s a Yamaha jogg basically. Powered by a bullet proof minerreli engine

3. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    Thanks Sam. On the case now :). I see the minerreli engine also is in the APRILIA 50 ? as spares are coming up with MINERELLI/APRILIA 50

4. Sam phantom

Lots of Yamaha’s,Malaguti,Aprilia many others very good engine a joy to work on

5. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    Hope our Sam is still about? :cool: The time is near the Lad is turning sixteen in a couple of months, so were are working on his beast :) Stripped her and general clean up and grease up and now shes on her legs.

IMG_20190921_203438.jpg

All has gone sweet, till engine test. Starts like a good one and when warmed up, revs up like a boss right to the Max on the stand with no load. Soon as you go on the road, the top range has gone.

On three quarter throttle behaves like it should do, but full throttle its dying, yet revs to the max on the main stand. Main Jet ?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Sam phantom likes this.
  6. Sam phantom

you have standard exhaust and air filter so main jet should be stock ? And in that case not an issue

I take it you’ve stripped and cleaned carb and fuel tank and the air/fuel mixture screw hasn’t been moved ?

7. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    Std Exhaust. Std Filter. Just had fuel tank off. Cleaned out fresh fuel in and added a inline filter. Still the same. Will next strip the carb down (hate doing carbs :( ) and give it a good clean. What is main jet, standard size and air screw setting please ?

8. Sam phantom

Could just be a blocked jet then if you’ve not cleaned the carb yet. Just remove the float bowl and jets use carb cleaner.

The jets in the those engines came out the factory in many different sizes

I do happen to know that the sweet spot on a standard engine plus a sport pipe is a jet size of 68

9. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    Stripped and cleaned carb. (Main jet 65 std filter and exhaust). Also bypassed air fuel switch with a normal tank just to eliminate. Still the same, cuts out on full throttle.

I recon its float height, as when you 1st set off from tick-over, full throttle is there for a while. (full chamber)
    Then full throttle disappears (chamber not being filled quick enough? )

Any tips on doing float height please? (hope its that ;))

10. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    Just noticed that hole. Should something be there?

Capture.JPG

11. Sam phantom

Block it up and take it for a spin! It certainly shouldn’t be sucking air in from there if it is at all

12. Sam phantom

When ever I get a bike with a minerrli engine, first thing I do is clean the carb and put a Manuel choke on it

13. Sam phantom

14. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    Looking at your pic, that hole must be a overflow. I have inserts and will put pipe on it.

Your carb puts mine to shame :cool:. did clean it honest! Manual choke sounds great idea. Will get numbers off carb and try source conversion in the UK

15. Sam phantom

Pedparts have everything you need, next day delivery

16. Sam phantom

Get your self some new fuel and vacuum hose while your at it it’s cheap as chips

17. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    #onit thanks

18. Sam phantom

19. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah that open vac pipe will give you problems. Top tip, the choke jet in the float bowl tends to get blocked, when you do your service just blast through with some air.

20. Dean Wright

Dean Wright Member

Rides:
    Gileria Runner SP
    Cleaned out carb choke and had a look at float. non adjustable. Plugged hole. Still bogging down on load. (gutted)

Here is some videos to show you that revs out on stand and bogs out on load. Hope they help https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZSBfd6RMVfsG21ib8