Same problem after fix

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Simonj, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Simonj

Simonj New Member

Hi,I’ve been having a problem with my piaggio xevo sport 125cc.
    It’s been juddering when pulling away and back wheel has felt like it’s wobbly,even though it isn’t.
    Took it to the garage where I brought it from. They changed the rollers etc and serviced it.
    But the problem doesn’t seem to have gone.
    It cut out on me earlier and it’s revving high when I’m only doing 30mph! Plus the back wheel skidded a bit a few times.
    The scooter is just over a year old and has a 2 year warranty.
    It’s allread had a new engine fitted and now I’m worried if I take it back I will have to fork out more money on it(just spent £258 on the so called fix and service!),any advice please? Am I within my rights to ask the garage to fix the problem without paying more? Or can I get it done under the warranty?
    Many thanks.

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Choke not working 100% (staying on?) or is it EFI ? The clutch may need stripping down to clean/lube the shoe pivots ? If it has same problem then it's not fixed !

3. baileywhite

baileywhite Member

ASk the garage to diagnose it for you. Then when it doesn’t fix the issue it’s there problem

I’m would deff take it back and tell them it’s not fixed and make sure you tell them your not paying anymore until the issue is sorted

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

When you pull away, does the back end feel like it kicks to one side?
    And does the same happen when you slow down and accelerate again? Back end gives a little wobble?

5. shane2k

shane2k New Member

you messed up you shouldn't of paid anything

by law any vehicle you buy from anyone if a fault occurs under 6month they after fix it free of charge if problem still not fixed then you have a option to ask for your money back or get them to try fix it at there own cost

if you threat them with sales act and if they ignore you contact trading standards they give you advice for next step which maybe court

you can even reject vehicle under 30days and get money back

cars and any vehicle are covered

What are my rights after 30 days?
    If a problem is found after 30 days, but within six months of purchase, the buyer can request a repair or replacement vehicle. The onus is on the seller of the car to prove the fault wasn’t on the car when it was sold; if they can, and you’re likely to have known about it, you won’t get a refund.

When it comes to repairs, the dealer has one chance to fix the fault. If the fix doesn’t work, you are entitled to a refund. You won’t get the full purchase price back, though. Any usage of the car will be taken into account and the refund will be adjusted accordingly.

Under previous legislation, the supplying dealer was allowed more than one attempt to rectify the problem, and it was considerably more difficult to get a refund on a car, so the Consumer Rights Act is good news for consumers.

also if you got receipt for the service ring trading standards and tell them whats happened and they advise you how to get your money back because they shouldn't of charged you

6. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    you paid for a fix and service so thats what they should do, though sounds like a clutch problem to me.