Runner vx 125 dead! Help

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Skete-vx125, May 10, 2016.

1. Skete-vx125

Skete-vx125 Member

Hi people new to this due to trying to figure out what's wrong with my Gilera vx 125, I was out on it the other day running fine ( never let me down since owning it a good 6-7months) I stopped at the garage to fill it up come back out went to start it and had nothing what so ever, all lights work- dash works, iv charged the battery thinking it may not have anoth Juice to fire up, but there is literally nothing happening when trying to start not even turning over.. And vx 125 have no kick start.. Need it for work so screwing, I no it something simple just don't know what.. Please help, thanks

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

try swapping out your start relay, its under the back right panel if i recall, i had lots of problems with mine when i had it, especially when it rained, water got in the relay and it wouldnt start. if that doesnt solve the issue, check your fuses (under the front panel) or chack the connection between the relay and start motor.

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

There are also a couple of fuses next to the battery.
    Also check that the plug hasn't come out the back of the starter switch, I've come across that little doozy once or twice.
    And make sure the brake light comes on with both levers.
    Failing all this, take a wire from the positive on the battery direct to the starter motor terminal and see if that starts it.

4. Skete-vx125

Skete-vx125 Member

Thanks people it was the starter relay.. Thank for help