runner 172 project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by billy #86, Feb 20, 2009.

1. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    looks good. would it not have been easier to remove the tyre than cover it in masking tape?

2. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    haha, i never took the tyre of the runner rim as i wasnt going to be using it for long as i was always going to get nrg wheels on but needed runner wheel while i never had nrg, so thought id get it sprayed but now nrg wheel will work the runner wheel is just there as a spare

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    you can cut the caliper back to make clearance, but the VALVE will hit...

then you sort this with a short elbow and its STILL running ther wrong offset. needs a completly new hub or the engine pushing over to sit poperly and track correctly. put the runner wheel back on

4. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    im running an elbow valve on the wheel anyway and it was hitting but ive turned it round to face the other way and it doesnt hit anymore

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye, and the offset is still wrong, and you cant space it out. it wont track right (will go slightly sideways up the road) corners better one direction than another. jus wrong, need to mod bits to make them work right

6. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    finally got a little update

just picked up a few more bits, still waiting on forks and a vent panel which should be done on monday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

update inabit as ill be putting them on :D

7. RY4N172

RY4N172 New Member

:tup:

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    what, r u ignoring or just plain not beliving me? you WASTED your time painting that wheel.. the offset is wrong, it will crab like mad, this IS a fucking deathtrap and you wont even aknowledge the fact im trying to tell you!!!

fuck it, kill the bike, im just some asshole on a site telling people what not to do for the sake of it right? like ive never tryd any of this befor....

have fun, get LOTS of pics befor you ride it, first corner i recon its all gona end in tears (or result in you needing to repaint the whel that belongs on your bike as the 50 and 125 stud offset is diff... for the 90th time)

9. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    no need to go mad minor, i have took your advice and ive took my runner wheel to be painted so im only going to put the nrg wheel on for special occasions :D

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    i dont mean to go on......im jus lookin out for ya bruv... honestly. my sis crashed her bike right.. i rode it home, noticed it was bent, crabbing like the offset was wrong, came out of a corner in one direction fine.. came out of another and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeem the thing REALLY didnt wanna correct itself. this was a stock derestricted skp at the time mind. ive raced allsorts for years, im no stranger to a brown trouser moment holding a throttle, an this was a battle... you made a spankin bike, im tryin to keep it on the board, an you on the planet ;)

lay a ruler across the back fo the wheel, messure the distance to the bolt holes, mill THIS from the hub. done. this, the elbow valve AND you still need to remove a tiny bit of the caliper (unless your not using the one i did for mock up as i now know theres a few that fit, cheers jj)
    but ye. work out the offset, mod approipriatly... beat me to it, but ima put aerox/kizer wheels on a 125... :D watch :D

11. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    got everything on ive got, once its built it goin to my uncles shop for him to test it and sort the indicators as when they go on the sidelight comes on :w00t: and im shit with electrics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    yeah i no what your saying minor, ill just get it it on the road for a bit with the runner wheel and then sort the nrg wheel properly :D

13. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    so sick.

LOVE it mate..

14. RY4N172

RY4N172 New Member

:tup:

15. akka87

akka87 New Member

Rides:
    speedfight 100
    Nice runner mate :bike: :beer:

16. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    you really wanted them 30 posts so you could sell your bike didnt you mate :rofl:

17. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Nice project mate, doing well. Good to see someone just having a go at things they didn't know (NRG rear wheel). I knew there was some reasons for it not bolting straight on and minor has explained them. Had a big talk with my Dad about it, possibility of moving the mounts (not reccomended) or having the hub machined or even take it off one wheel onto the other, again, needs to be precise and not a 10 minute job. Good luck though ;)

18. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    exactly... there is another way, means machining, but still easier... :D

19. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    ahhh man, i'm not the biggest fan of boats, but that looks well fresh, take minors advie, you wont regret it.

looking noice though, keep it up ;)

20. skp50_nofear

skp50_nofear New Member

i love this runner its amazing :drool:

keep it up ;) you get these done so fast lol
    nice :up:
    What you thinking of doing next?