RS50's

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by haugh, Jun 18, 2007.

1. haugh

haugh New Member

Any good? im thinking of getting one :cool:

2. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

No. No. No. No. Noooooooooooooo.

There that's all the info you need.

3. abz

abz Member

lol its bare funny u gota change like 6 gears just to get to 50 looolz

4. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    complete waste of time. had a derbi 50 and like abz said, you just seem to be changing gear all the time

5. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    RS50's are wicked, I had a go on a standard one and shifting gears is a piece of piss, they will do around 60-65 stock.

The only problem is reliability, these bikes are known for being tempremental meaning they work one day, then the next day it may not even start.

If you look after it and keep it well tuned, run good oil and let the engine warm up etc then it will look after you.

6. haugh

haugh New Member

Theres one person with a good opinion thats actually rode one :cool:

any1 else rode one?

7. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    yes, i owned one for all of 3 weeks, it was total shit, the build quality is what you would expect from a chineese goped and the geometry felt wrong. mine was de-restricted and had some shoddy exhaust on it, would pull 65mph on the clock, and yet i still used to be overtaken by metros and reliant robins. think the clocks are overoptimistic.

the good thing i can say about them, is they look good and are actually a good motor if you rip them down and start again, new crank, mains, seals, barrel. makes them actualy worth riding. i have rebuilt 3 or 4 AM6 motors (nearly all the geared 50s use them), in my opinion, the derbi motor is better engineered. try looking for a GPR50

8. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    kid at my school had one, even sitting on it felt wrong, its far too long for what it is

id agree with wobbly, if u want a geared 50 (why oh why would you!) then get a derbi, either senda or gpr50

9. aerox_soldier

aerox_soldier New Member

why not have a look at a yammy TZR, ive rode 1 of them there incredibly comfortable to ride.. but are not the most aesthtic bikes...

if you want a realy comfotrable bike go for the REIJU rs2 not alot of people have heard of these but my mate own's 1 they are realy only availble from new...

if you get it full de restrcited it chips, it has a sports pipe as standard if you take to your local bike get them to de rizz and get a new carb onit it atchually flys... and its a fucking good looking bike looks like a 125/250 very nice

10. -Grant-

-Grant- New Member

chips... how can a bike chip when u get it de restricted

11. aerox_soldier

aerox_soldier New Member

ohh rite u fucking nob shut up lol

it chips... it goes quick as fuck...

12. -Grant-

-Grant- New Member

oooo ok i get you now

13. kcnw9

kcnw9 Member

chips... :msn1: some farmers talk :w00t:

kcnw9

14. harrison

harrison New Member

it aitn farmers talk at all. i new exactly what he meant and i live in the middle of birmnigham.. :bird:

15. kcnw9

kcnw9 Member

thats for you... birmangham... :msn1: :bird:

kcnw9

16. aerox_soldier

aerox_soldier New Member

maybe its you lit who are cuntry lads.... its called slang.... fucking farmers

17. kcnw9

kcnw9 Member

huh :wtf: lol ive never heard of no chips slang, to me its cut up potato or bit of a cig for a spliff, not for going fast :w00t:

kcnw9

18. ROSSRS

ROSSRS New Member

had 2 rs 50's, cant believe made the same mistake twice. first gear good for all of 5mph (no joke). lucky to touch 60+. sound awful too. no good tyres for them either, pirelli mt75's are about it, mmm teflon coated. cheaper tyres delaminate. and the rear wheel bearings WILL collapse. had that twice, apparently not designed for more than 30mph. get aerox or runner 50, wish i had

19. haugh

haugh New Member

Thanks all... GPR50 are rare lol looking nice though :cool: will have a look.

20. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    gprs are common as muck, or they were last year, the 95-2005 bikes had the better engine.