roller weight and best belt for standard aerox

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by RojAEROX, Aug 31, 2008.

1. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

so, somehow my aerox passed its MOT the other day, even though ive just found out the rear wheel bearings are shot to pieces, theres like a cm of play and you can hear it when spinning the wheel. so is this something my local bike shop will stock or should i just order them offline? i look on ebay/donotlink but couldnt find em?

EDIT: right thats all sorted now but DYS VTR has advised me to get new rollers and belt for it. whats the best weight for a just derestricted aerox? and what belt should i got for?

cheers

2. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    m8 if this is my bro's old bike whys there so many problems with it :msn1: i sware it was fine when he had it lol, and it wos NEVER tuned up, which is rare nowdays, if you havnt chainged the belt and rollers i would sometime soon as i changed them years ago lol, its got a polini belt and 5.4 malossi rolleers i think

3. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

when i bought it off him it needed new tyres mot, tax and the forks alinging or new forks iff they were bent. i then found out it needed a new barrell coz where the exhaust had been over tightend or something on one side where the thread was had snapped off. so i did that, got new tyres and got the mot and tax the other day. and now the rear wheel is wobbling. since reading my haynes manual im not sure iff it is the bearing anymore

4. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    hmm, i no he sold it needing work done, needed a front tyre deffonatly and probably a new batt. did u re align the forks then? or was a new set needed? as for the wheel, take the exhaust off, then pop the center cap off the wheel and see if the hub nut is done up tight ;)

5. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

yer it needed 2 new tyres, yer i put a new batt in it aswell. and yer that centre nut was lose as fuck, thank fuck i noticed :(. and yeh i think the belt and rollers need replacing as the belt looks pretty worn. i avnt got the tool to stop it all spinnin though :(

edit: and yeh i re aligned the forks, took the bars off and all that, had a little play and they are all good now. was sketchy as fuck riding it home from yours when i bought it lol

6. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    use a impact gun if u can. or if u havnt got 1 u can wedge a bolt in there, be very fucking carefull tho

7. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    lol he rode that for a year like that :msn1:

8. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

yer we aint got an impact gun and dont wanna fuck it up by bodging it. a shop would probably do it for cheap though wouldnt they. not like its much labour

9. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

haha yeh he said hed always used it like that. going round roundabouts was mental lol

10. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

you aint got a pipe that will fit it by anychance have you mate?

11. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

bummp? and idea on roller weight? its 5.4 atm and is revvy as fuck on acceleration so i was thinking 6?

12. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

i took dys vtr advice. i bought a malossi x kev belt. it only runs best when its warmed up. ive tried malossi 5.4g rollers and it was ok. accel was poor tho tbh. but top speed impressive. i put 5g budget rollers in and it doesnt really rev much mid range. but off the line it does due to a new clutch. try getting 5.4g rollers malossi and a malossi x kev belt.

13. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

where did u get that weight roller from mate?

14. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

right cant find 5.4 anywhere? will goin to 6 make thaaat much difference? i think its too revvy when accelerating at the moment anyway

15. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

its revving so much probably because ur belt is quite streched and flappy. mine was the same. buy 5.4g rollers off of donotlink ped stop. just search for rollers and then 15x12 .

16. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

yer thats what i was thinkin. ive gone 5.5 and polini belt :D