Revs restricted for a short time then fine?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Seatonwills, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Seatonwills

Seatonwills New Member

Hi all,

So on my commute, I turn my scooter on about 10-15mins before I set off and leave it idling in the garage. Its a Baotian bt49qt-11. Then set off and it's all fine until the speedo reads 32mph. Then it starts to hesitate and lurch, like it's trying to go faster but it almost feels like somethings physically stopping it. Even down hill it gets to 32 then it's like the brakes are on but I can feel it trying to go faster.

This last until around the half way mark on the trip, about 10mins of riding, then all of a sudden, the revs rise and the speedo goes up to 41mph. One time I swear there was a pop and it was like I'd hit a nitrous switch! (I exaggerate obviously but it was a real sudden kick of acceleration).

As far as I know there haven't been any mods done to it but am also guessing if the speedo hits 41 then there likely has? Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening or have any experience with similar? At first I thought it was because it needed to warm up hence leaving it idling in the garage but it hasn't made a difference.

Cheers in advance

2. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

could be flats on your rollers causing them to stick sometimes in the variator.

also could be worth putting a fresh spark plug in...

3. Seatonwills

Seatonwills New Member

Thank you, will look at that. Yeah it does feel like something is trying to force its way through and then suddenly manages it and releases extra power/revs. I thought it might be dirt in the fuel lines/filter but its too regular and exactly the same each time. cheers for response