Review of 2020 Vitacci Spark 150

Discussion in 'Scooter Guides' started by Markinmexico, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Markinmexico

Markinmexico New Member

Hi Folks. I will try to be brief. I bought this scooter because it was 198lb and had 14 inch tires. Stability and a little higher top end because I knew they would not mess with gearing and CVT due to taller tires. Does 50 quickly and almost 65 mph if you have the time.
    Price was 1199USD free shipping. At that price I knew some owner involvement would be involved. After I was done making it actually run I highly suggest this scooter. Smooth transmission, quick and stable.
    Now, when wheels and stuff are attached and you work in the stiff ignition for awhile you will find it barely starts and will stall every 5 minutes. If you are living at sea level and a hot climate this thing is hopeless. If you have a couple of days and a few tools and 39 bucks USD then read on. This thing is really nice!
    So, it has the stupid electric choke. It is a hundred degrees out. It does not know that. You turn the key and the carburetor enriches. That makes for hard starting. Your flooding it. If you get it started then the choke takes five minutes and then the carburetor is set so lean the beast stalls.
    You need to remove the electric choke and buy a gy6 manual choke conversion. 39 dollars. That takes care of starting. Next you can look up all the redistricting stuff or whatever you'all call it but I will make it simple. This is a 1970 design motor. It expects a fuel line from the tank above to fuel input at the carb base. The only other tubes left under the seat is a tank vent tube. The EGR and fuel pump and some funky cheek valve on vent and all vacuum hoses are just gone or plugged. Sorry office inspector but I can't have this thing stalling. I also loosened the carburetor and bent it over and ripped off the cap on the fuel air mix screw on the left forward of carburetor. Spun out counterclockwise about 3.75 turns.
    Ok still reading? Now this thing starts instantly and runs better then my last 20 of 35 bikes. Seriously. 1199.00 plus 40 or so and your done. Oh, I added a on off in line fuel shut off valve but I find the carb so far shuts off incoming fuel ok ...so far.
    Anyway, couple days swearing and you are a happy lady or guy. Everything on the scooter is pretty good quality. Make sure the throttle cable is not bound up when you tighten handlebar.
    See ya, Mark in Mexico
    Ps beast comes with no instructions in box or on line. Just spread out parts and grab what you need. Some parts went to some other scooter like passenger footpegs etc. Still, price is right!!!