Reed valve,

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by zipking, Jul 13, 2017.

1. zipking

zipking New Member

Since i am working on a new engine i would like to something crazy with it, i am working on a 180cc zip wichi wan't to make badass, i am willing to weld a new intake manifold on my engine case.

i spoken with a a few poeple and they al seem to tell me what i wan't to do is to crazy, what about you guys.
    [​IMG]

seems to be a legit intake. i did not yet found the exact size of this reedvalve.

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    dont need to weld a new manifold..

shorter the trip of fuel to the crank case is better, hence we tend to to run big risers , what tends to be the norm is the reed cage being a direct bolt on to the cranks case / cylinder this way there is a shorter path the fuel has to travel.

in the old days , we would take metal reedcages and tweek them a little with a rotary tool / needle files removing a little bit here and there to open them up a it so the fuel was less restricted on flow , we would try to open out the manifold to the reedcage from the carb, they tended to be alloy so you could run a dremel up them a bit to clear them out a little and widen them , these days you can buy some fairly wide bored manifolds.

the other area are REEDS , there are a set of reeds everyone used to swear by but they are not cheap Boyesen reeds, we always ran boyesens in our MX bikes we would scrimp and save to have only them fitted, there one of the best reeds on the market . these cheapy things you tend to find are just generic carbon sheet cut and sold as a reed, but with Boyesen you have the research and design aspect behind them they are fully tested so you know your getting the very best in valves

3. TarmacTerrorist

TarmacTerrorist New Member

Rides:
    Honda vision
    Smoothing transition of airflow

Attached Files:

4. TarmacTerrorist

TarmacTerrorist New Member

Rides:
    Honda vision
    Little shim to let reed open slightly more and save on filing the reed stops

Attached Files: