Recommended setup for zip ac 70 kit

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Jayyhittaa, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Jayyhittaa

Jayyhittaa New Member

Hello all, I have a malossi 70 kit ac for my 2004 zip and a stage 6 variator and pro Rep exhaust, already sorted out the rollers, all I need to know is what carb/setup I need for it to perform well and also air filter and spark plug? any ideas??

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Dellorto 17.5mm carb, an assortment of jets to play with, standard airbox, standard plug.

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    im running stock box with a 17.5 on premix with an 84... i want it rich tho. i do lots of full throttle riding. the engine will tell you more than anyone on a forum can, ive run some in the 60's, some in the 80's.. its all diff bike to bike, especially with pipes/roller setup. i can play about with mine and its "right" but i can change it around and its still "right"... again, its down to setup and use. i do lots of long roads/hills/20 mins at full throttle top speed kinda riding, so keep the rollers a lil heavier and the jetting a lil richer, also premix will require extra fuel as yopur adding oil via the jet also..guides always helpfull so have a read. but i tend to put something in silly rich, full throttle, then off throttle slightly. it will rev better, drop the jet a few sizes and repeat. as soon as it starts to run better at full throttle than slightly less than full throttle, its still rich, but its happy. you can now drop the jet untill the engine starts to feel lean (if you wish, or just leave it a lil rich safe in the knowledge that full throttle should cool the engine down rather than part throttle) lean will rev out fully but feal gutless/almost quieter as it revs. youll know once you have a play. do not use open filters. there a waste of time and attract unwanted attention from the plod