REcently tuned Ludix

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by VickLudix, Oct 21, 2013.

1. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

hi, so basically i am looking for some advice, i have reently fit in a 70cc malossi kit and a malossi multivara variator with 8g rollers and a doppler sx 86 Clutch. i hve a 70 jet and a leo vince TT exhaust.
    So it goes slowly to 20mph and then i can feel the power to about 35ish and goes slowly to 40, vibrates really harly. the cylinder is in the process of running in which may be the case, im runing on stock carb, and stock air box, was thinking about changing the air box into any better filter but cant find the size to fit my carb.
    Any one has any advie on what should i do or should i run the cyliner in properly.
    Cheers.

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Stock carb too small for what you have, 19 or 21mm dellorto, or bigger if you like. Buy a jetting pack and filter off donotlink, then start to play with main jet sizes to get where you want it to be. It's all trial and error with jetting, and time consuming.
    But the main thing is; you must run that piston and barrel in properly, preferably before you start with the carb and filter upgrades. You can easily run the engine too lean and then it's goodbye piston.

3. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Main Jets from here:
    http://www.donotlink-pedstop.co.uk/Products/Search.aspx?page=2&keywords=jets

Carbs: Take your pick
    http://www.donotlink-pedstop.co.uk/Products/Search.aspx?keywords=21mm+carb

Air filters: because you will need to
    http://www.donotlink-pedstop.co.uk/Products/Search.aspx?page=5&keywords=air filter

If this gets the 'donotlink' thingy then put these words together to spell out the name:
    Ad ren a lin
    Ped Stop

You could stay with what you have until the piston and barrel is run in properly.
    There is quite a conversation about how far a scooter should be run before it is classed as run in properly.
    Some people say 100 miles, others 300 miles, and then more others say 500 miles.
    Personally, I run my bikes in to 300 miles.

Spark Plug
    You need to look at the colour of the spark plug around the electrode.
    Too white looking and it is running lean, too weak
    Too black looking and it is running rich

The colour you want is a nice coffee colour, milk and two sugars please.

5. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

Cheers for the Links. Will the TNT Carb do the job? Do you recon it will be alright ? I don;t even know if mine is a auto choke or manualo_O
    Ill run it untill around 200-250miles probably. ive been told not to go over 2/3 of the throttle, is that correct ? i tend to ride at about 30mph maximum.

Thanks for your help :) After all will be alright ill send you the coffe :)

6. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    You defnitely need a bigger carb as the peugeots run a fairly small stock carb.

you want atleast a 19mm maybe even a 21mm depending on how much petrol you want the bike to drink.
    It is an auto choke, which is the same with all scooters unless converted to manual.
    And as for running it in you want to do atleast 300 miles travelling nomore than 35mph, then maybe a couple'o hundred miles doin between 40-45mph .

Dont get bored of going slow and start thrashing the throttle because your bike will blow up, believe me my mate must have a new bore kit fitted every other month because he cant be bothered running it in properly

7. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

is the air filter essential ? will the airbox still do fine or is it a must ?

8. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    It will run fine with the airbox but an open filter would offer better performance

9. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

Hi,
    Im still running in the cyl, about 100miles are done now. Planning to do about 60ish more and then fit the carb along with the Air filter then i will run keep the revs and speed low for a bit longer as well. Its pretty dangerous to drive it atm as it has no acceleration at all now lol. Also fitted some 4.4g rollers to the variator, hope it will give it a little boost. My other question is, I was thinking of installing some Speedfight Wheels, as the Ludix ones are terrible, they are like 5-7cm wide :confused: and i pretty much don;t like them. Cheers.

10. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

11. rustyscooter

rustyscooter Active Member

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
  12. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    It runs like mine at the mo, for what I've heard, the rollers sound a bit heavy.

and sorry, what do you mean by " vibrates really harly " .

13. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    This isn't a rollers problem. If the rollers were to heavy then it would be sluggish upto maybe 35-40 and then your power would kick in at much higher revs and you'd feel more top end power not bottom end

14. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    Vick if anything I think your rollers are waayyy too light. Stock rollers on the peugeot are about 9g so i'd say you need between 6.5-7.5g that should sort it out a little. 4.4g on a peugeot is wayyy too light

15. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

Rusty; already got the cart etc mate :) but cheers for that, if i need anything i will call the guy :)
    I have a malossi multivar variator with the rollers they supplied me with which i think they are either 8.4 or 8.8, im getting my carb fit in today, ill see what will hapen and probably buy the 6.5 rollers.
    Thanks for the advice
    Do any of u's know how to unscrew the forks ? i want to fit in the Vivacity ones and change the wheels as well, but i don;t know how to undo them :)

16. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

by vibrates really hardly i mean when im driving its like a a vibrator on wheels, my whole scoot is vibrating :D

17. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    also your whole scooter is vibrating due to your engine running at extremely high revs because of your light rollers. swap your rollers for maybe 7.0g and try that. the bike should run better and also you wont be vibrating

18. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade

From the engine? or form unbalanced wheels?

19. VickLudix

VickLudix Member

I changed them back straight away as i couldnt do kore than 20mph. I have the stock ones now, the 8.4g or 8.8.
    Probably vibratinf from the engines. Wheels are fine

20. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    something in there is out of balance, have you broken any veins on the variator front hub, or missing a spring in the clutch, or have damaged clutch shoes, or put in a different crank shaft which is out of balance, things of that nature, what about a loose variator pulley due to being stretched, that would cause loss of pulling and vibration.