Rear light mods

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by Ian Allen, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Ian Allen

Ian Allen Member

Rides:
    Vespa ET2 50cc
    I have added a red led to each of my clear indicators. When the indicator is on, it over powers the red.
    You can only just see them on. I will take a pic tonight when it's dark.

Attached Files:

2. Ian Allen

Ian Allen Member

Rides:
    Vespa ET2 50cc
    Lights as it is getting dark out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With right indicator on
    [​IMG]
    With left indicator on
    [​IMG]

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i like that, will be intresting to see what the MOT people say about it.

4. Ian Allen

Ian Allen Member

Rides:
    Vespa ET2 50cc
    Thanks. lol. never thought of mot. I will phone then and ask. I have a year to pull them out and tape over the hole.

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

just stick a blob of blutak over the LEDS for the mot and take it off again after. or unplug them if thats possible?

6. Ian Allen

Ian Allen Member

Rides:
    Vespa ET2 50cc
    All it needs doing is pulling the leds out from under the indicator unit. They are in a hole just big enough for them to fit in with a piece of tape securing / waterproofing them.
    I have phoned my local mot place and he said he was not too sure but harley davidson has bought out a light the same and suggested I phoned vosa. I called them and they said the indicators should only be showing orange / amber light.
    There are modded lights for motorcycles that have red leds for the brake and tail lights and they have amber indicators within them. If these are illegal, I recon my ones could be too, but the amber over powers the red led's.
    I will keep them as they are. I dont like vosa and they only think of closing a motorway for 3 days when someone has a puncture. :)