Questions about my new moped

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Aujezus, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Aujezus

Aujezus New Member

Hello!

So I just bought a piaggio nrg 2006y.

It has gianelli extra v2 exhaust, belt which is a sport one, better clutch springs and everything other is stock.

I think it is a piaggio nrg mc3 dt model, but I am not really sure. It sport series written on back and on the speedometer. So maybe its the piaggio nrg power model, but judging from the plastics it is the mc3 model, but maybe the guy that I bought the moped from changed the plastics. So maybe you guys know how to identify the model, if you need I can send pictures.

Also as it's almost the end of the season I would like to make some quick tuning. I am thinking about changing the weights from stock ones to 5g malossi ones since I have them laying around also I think to get a sport air filter, new fuel filter. So ai would like you guys to correct me if I am thinking wrong or maybe add something to my list of quick upgrades.

The max speed on the scooter right now is 80km/h (I am not from uk sorry for the km) and 8k rpm and the guys that sold the moped didn't know if the limiters where removed from the cdi, so maybe it is still limiting the rpm? If so how do I remove them? Or how do I check if they are removed?

Also at winter I am planning to tune my scooter so maybe you know some good parts that will work with my bike well? I don't want anything high end just so it has a good torque for whellies and a nice top speed that's it.

And the last question is: what kind of maitenance should I do? Since I bought quite an old scooter should I check something or clean something?

To everyone who answers I am very grateful.

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Fit a 70cc barrel and keep everything std .

3. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

I dont know the difference between the models you named. Wikipedia : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piaggio_NRG seams to just be diskbrake that's differ.
    Regarding your weights. If the ones you using now works. I cant see any benefits to change the weight. Maybe change to some fresh rollers tho. Regarding maintenance. Download the workshop manual. Usually they have some sort of list what do to and when to do it. Double check this, that it's the right model : https://www.manualslib.com/manual/837959/Piaggio-Nrg-Power-Dt.html