question for a mate plz help

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by southweezy19, Jan 14, 2014.

1. southweezy19

southweezy19 hardcore ss member

Rides:
    yamaha neos!!
    Right he's got a speedshite lovely bike in the dry but unreliable in The rain is there a common fault that's fixable? Or a real easy place to start I literally have no clue with electrics

2. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    new plug cap with tight rubber sleeve may help. Also make sure all the electrical connectors are clean and greased

3. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Check the earth on the ignition coil and the electrical block connectors that come out of the stator on the right hand side of the engine. He may need to remove the belly pan and seat bucket to get to them.

4. Alex Barnes

Alex Barnes Active Member

in heavy rain my cut out once and when i turned ingnition off and on every light came on lol think some water got in somewhere but when it dried out it was fine

5. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Hi
    WD 40 everything made of wire and check connections as Merlin says -

6. southweezy19

southweezy19 hardcore ss member

Rides:
    yamaha neos!!
    Cheers lads he's so peed off with it that he's gna sell for 50 and I'm just about to get a nice payout so might buy and throw in The garden as a project any other suggestions before I see him tomorrow

7. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    If you weren't in Cornwall I'd come and pick up the Speedfight. It's just too long a trip from Mancland.