Purchasing a moped long distance?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by GreenRanger, Mar 28, 2019.

1. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I’ve come across a really nice condition scooter and have made an offer for a pretty good price.

Only problem is it is located a long way away in York and I’m in London.

Any ideas on how I can buy it safely and also get it sent to me cheaply?

Cheapest price I’ve found is £125 or £175 can’t quite remember...

Surely there must be people who have purchased a bike long distance before?

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Me again! :) I have and I always use anyvan.com. Never had any problems with them. I didn't see the bike before it arrived at my doorstep but paid by paypal which gave me some security - I would never do a direct bacs transfer. Also the guy was a long time ebay member with loads of positive feedback as a seller so my gut instinct told me to go for it and I did. And I was hugely pleased when it arrived. It was a great little Honda sfx which I loved and have always regretted selling ever since.

3. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

That price sound pretty good to me (assuming it's 125)

4. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Alright mate! Yes I think the site I used for a quite before was any an. Was quoted prices between £146 to £175, how about you?

They seem good.

I think I’m going to buy it! Can it wait! Only problem is they won’t bank transfer. It’s a girl seller and has been using the site for 6 years or so so that’s encouraging...

£136 to £176 is a lot of money just to have the bike sent to me but what can I do!

5. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

The price was actually starting from £136 which I agree isn’t too bad u suppose. It is with anyvan.