Project Typhoon 172 L/C

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Sleaze Phonikz, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Sleaze Phonikz

Sleaze Phonikz New Member

Basically my crank bearings went on the way back from shitty Ace Cafe,
    since then i've not even bothered with my bike, i was tempted to drop a crank in and c16 and i'll be happy!

However....My mate Lee was going to drop his 172's engine in a dragster, then a few problems occured, anyway cut a long story short i now posses the lump which has:

Malossi 172cc Bore
    Malossi Belt
    Malossi Rollers
    25mm Dell'orto Carb
    Malossi MHR Full Circle Crank
    K&N Style Air Filter

Today I began the project, dropped my old engine out and stripped the electrics.

Heres what my bike looked like before...

[​IMG]

Heres what my bike looked like after dropping the engine....

[​IMG]

After going to get the lump and getting home here's what it looks like now (Get A Better Photo Tomorow)....

[​IMG]

Until i get my grubby mits on a CDI i cant do shit! Also i snapped my supension so need a new one!

Apart from that hopefully not long until im back on road. Hopefully Next Week!

2. fabolous Phil

fabolous Phil New Member

looks good mate .... good luck with it ... apart from what you've listed have you got any other plans for it .. :cool:

3. biglee

biglee New Member

hmmmm

oi boi thats a nice engine wonder where you got that from :bird: any way let me no if you need a hand .remember the engine aint done no miles since rebuild so wear the fucker in :w00t:

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if you need a hand im up the road remember m8...

5. Sleaze Phonikz

Planning to sort my panels out first so it looks decent too.

Need a rear brake aswell now,
    loom and CDI so all i need now is a runner rear brake and rear suspension and i'll be away!

Tomorows plans are hopefully to have a suspension then i can drop the engine in.

6. Sleaze Phonikz

*Update*

After my mates dad lending me his angle grinder, the engine was in like a rocket! Obviously taking time and care in doing so. But wasn't to bad of a job.

[​IMG]

Modded the mounts, then fitted the radiator. After snapping my original rear shock (Like a plonker), i swapped my old malossi variator out of my 50's for a runner one! (Props to ryan)

[​IMG]

Big Lee ordered my loom off ebay, which should arrive by tomorow, if not the very latest thursday! So tomorows objectives are to go and get bore bolts, and a few screws here and there from mac motors.

So by saturday hopefully the brute'll be alive and kicking, ready for its first ride!

7. biglee

biglee New Member

looking gd still think a nice set of newshape forks and gilly front wheel :bird:

8. Sleaze Phonikz

Next pay cheque mate¬ :bird:

9. morgan

morgan New Member

i'd change where the radiator is mounted, doesn't look as if it'll get enough air-flow where it is at the moment.

but its great to see someone doing a project and not just saying there going to for once :drool:

10. laydeez_man172

laydeez_man172 New Member

It DOES look sick with the typh front wheel, look at the wheels :D now THATS unique if its legal i would recommend u keep it like that LOL :bird: ;)

11. Sleaze Phonikz

Update.

After relocating the radiator and getting a NRG front panel I, got everything in place and good to go, bought a "complete gilera 125 loom" off Egay...didn't start!

[​IMG]

So stripped the fecker back down and now jsut waiting for someone to pop up with preferebly a 125 typhoon loom, but at this point i just want it to start!

[​IMG]

Anwyway I'll get more pictures of it with the NRG front pan on tomorow.

[​IMG]

12. Sleaze Phonikz

Well hopefully getting loom tomorow, it's a Runner one but seeing as i don't having any clocks it shouldn't be to much of a prob! May even go out on a ride if its all going sweet! Taking it to a mates in a van tonight so i can work on it properly tomorow once i get the loom, he's got a little garage and shit, with much better tools than me!

Anyway here's some pics of my bike now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. gazell

gazell Active Member

that looks fackin sweet son

14. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

looking good but whats the bit at the bottom of the front panel

15. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

the radiator i assume?
    Looked better with the typh front imo.
    But its cool to be different

16. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    that looks amazing, an undertray would look cool on it though, just my opinion

really like the wheels and front end!

well done!

17. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

not that the bit just under the lights

18. JakeSP

JakeSP New Member

I'd watch that back brake hose cos it looks tight!

Why not get an NRG radiator and expansion bottle and put them where it would be? Stones etc are gonna get flung into that rad...

nrgandy, Looks like the typhoon plastic that goes over the top of the forks ;)

19. Sleaze Phonikz

Yer it is, im waiting for an nrg front under-panel instead of my typhoon one (Which doesn't fit) it's coming from a mate so shouldnt be to long!

I Like the rad where it is, and on a nrg the frame has the fixings for the rad whereas typhoons don't, and seeing as i've cut my bellypan in doing so theres not much point of altering it now anyway.

Im looking for a typhoon back left panel, if anyones got one laying about they feel like selling because mines mangled, ever since i crashed.

20. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    last one i built used a drag rad and the mounts bend ofer the headlight mount on ether and if your using an nrg pannel you dont need it ;)