Project Hack

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by wobbly_trials, Dec 15, 2006.

1. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    [​IMG]

Ok, so I?ve been riding my winter hack for a week now and I?m already sick of the tatty, scuffed miss-matched plastics and the total lack of anything to suggest it?s ever been looked after so I think it?s time to begin modifying it, starting with the wheels and working upwards.

First I rubbed down the wheels (which wasn?t too much hassle as the previous owner had begun polishing the front one):

[​IMG]

Then I primed them:

[​IMG]

Then a few coats of satin black:

[​IMG]

And tomorrow I may lacquer them (yes these wheels are actually off my other project SR but I decided to use them for this bike then do the same with the other pair)

I?m working on a colour scheme at the moment with plenty of ideas in mind, including custom air-brushed matt panels and a few other little bits but no full ideas are set just yet.

I?m going to be converting the bars to Renthals and putting on the most simple clock set I can get my hands on (going for the simplistic look, no fuel gauge, no pissing about with anything other than a Speedo with oil warning light, indicator and main beam warnings.

The rear seat unit will be converted to the SR ?Racing? style one with the tiny seat pad (hopefully it will deter any wannabe pillions from actually wanting to perch on there).

At the moment the engine will stay a stock 125 as I have the other project which will be going all the way. And you can?t sensibly use all the power of the 172 with porting and big-carb etc? in the winter. It will also be getting pretty shitted up in this top quality weather.

So watch this space for further updates.

2. Sr-Man

Sr-Man New Member

:) Nice i want more!

3. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    ok, got back from work tonight and decided to do some (very crude) photoshopping to just get some ideas for colours because i want to get the plastics primed within the next few days.

here are some of the ones i ended up with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ok its a lame attempt at photoshopping (more like digital colouring in) and i'm still not much better off for ideas although i do like the black with graduated blue and the pink rocks!!

[​IMG]

4. SR-STEF

SR-STEF New Member

yeh the black with the blue gradient for me tht looks amazing, i fink the top yellow to orange 1 looks cool aswell tho but the black and blue :drool: lol

5. laydeez_man172

laydeez_man172 New Member

agree or pink. be gay be pink :w00t: :D

6. floppydodo

floppydodo New Member

i like the 3rd from the bottom with the fading dark green! looks really smart

7. abz

abz Member

the yellow and red reminds me off the malossi or the black and blue one

8. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

[​IMG]

This one is the best,

the first one is like a malossi one,

the other one looks like some others i've seen, be original

9. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    yeah i think the black with blue gradient is the way i'm going to go, not positive yet but i really like it

10. morgan

morgan New Member

WTF is with the yellow though :msn1:

what you should do is that scheme without the yellow with the rims starting with blue outside fading to black on the inner.

11. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    yeah i couldnt be arsed editing the yellow because i already have a yellow rearseat unit (thanks tweak). but that's not set to stay. i was ondering about the rims (the ones above are really for my race replica bike) but i decided i would fit them whilst getting the current ones sprayed.

12. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    ok, another update, today i have changed my plastics over to my other set, with the help of tweak, which are better condition but awful colour, eargh lime 'bogey' green.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

anyway, i have decided on the black with blue for the colourscheme so i did another digital colour in. wow, it sure beats crayons:

[​IMG]

i have also decided on doing the wheel hubs blue, then the spokes fading into black and the rims black, if anyone fancies photoshopping it i would appreciate it as my photoshopping skills (and patience) are limited.

EDIT: the handlebars are not crucial as i'm going renthal.

13. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

that green looks wacky keep it green

14. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    Lol, it looks ok if you squint your eyes but its scratched and faded in places. and i don't really like green

15. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

i saw a blue you would like proper good i painted a guitar at school in ill get a pic when i go back

16. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

If you get a good quality side on picture in unresized res i'll do you a photoshop. :nerd:

17. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125

thanks, i'm open to playing with new colours, these things are just initial ideas.

thanks terro, will get one tomorrow hopefully, just the wheel or the whole bike??

18. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Whole bike!

19. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    ok, hope it's not pissin it down tomorrow, i can make a start on preparing my pannels.

20. SR-STEF

SR-STEF New Member

i actually really like that green i was looking at an sr125 in tht colour if i get 1 im gonna try n get it in tht green lol i like it its a funky colour jus like my orange sr50 lol