Problems with my new 70cc kit

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Wunny, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Wunny

Wunny Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50 2T
    Atm it's in my mums car because I was going to take it to the garage today, so i'll wait for my mate to come give me a hand and get my ped out and then i'll try it

2. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

Ok, let us know how you get on :)

3. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    You are using a rustey plug ? Seriously. Try the new plug even if it doesn't look strong enough, You'd be amaized how much 2t's eat plugs. Ant that wouldn't be my zip you're onabout would it :p?

4. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

Yeah but when Vince had it lol

5. Wunny

Wunny Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50 2T
    Took it to a garage and they found out it's an engine seize. I need to get a new 70 kit and bleed my oil, gonna cost £200 :/
    F#CK

Nathan

6. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

Thats alot man. Cant you buy the kit yourself and fit it your self or have you never done one before ? .

7. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Pumps = shit lol. Sounds like it's 2 hours labour (Engine in/out the bike) + the kit on top to me...

8. Wunny

Wunny Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50 2T
    I put the other kit in myself, it wasn't the kit, it's because my mate fucked around with my oil tubes. I could do it but i know nothing about engine seizure and bleeding the oil.

Thanks guys :)
    Nathan

9. Wunny

Wunny Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50 2T
    Got it back from the garage now, £250 to fix it. It's still cutting out for some reason :/ Not as much as before and starts straight up but still cuts out. Went around 5 miles and it cut out twice around 4 miles to 4.5 miles.

10. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

If you don't think you can do it then yeah garage is your best option that way if something goes rong once its repaired you can blame the garage.

11. xplicit vehicle

xplicit vehicle Member

Rides:
    PGO Big Max 50
    why dont u go premix?
    or atleast put some oil in the tank to be safe

CGC likes this.
  12. Sekibrotom

Sekibrotom Member

did you ever get this sorted?
    sounds a bit funny that the garage said your engine was siezed even though it still ran, a siezure means the piston fusing to the cylinder meaning the bike would never run at all, i think theyve mugged you off there?

13. Kelvin tucker

Kelvin tucker New Member

I’ve got a Lexmoto FMR 50 which I put a 70cc big bore on not long ago and the power and uphill speed is better but as soon as I hit 45mph it struggles to go any faster I have a big bore exhaust on it with standard carb and main jet can anyone help me?

14. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    Wunny, couple of things might be possible, the pump is gauged for a 50cc engine, so increasing the fuel consumption may need a recalibration of the pump, by adjusting a little past the mark which is set for a 50cc barrel, as you are creating more heat per stroke of the engine, at idle a lot of 2 strokes use no 2 stroke oil as the petrol is enough to cool. or as xplicit vehicle, put a bit of oil in as premix, worst that can happen is you get an oily plug. There is also a possibility of starving the bowl in the carburettor as the inlet might not be supplying enough for the bigger jet size. let me know how you get on, I am fitting a 70 kit when I have the funds. also what kit have you fitted,

15. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

OLD THREAD ALERT