Problem please help

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Mr coin, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Mr coin

Mr coin New Member

Okay so I got a standerd yamaha neos 50 quiet punchy at taking off but when I have reached full throttle and receiver throttle the bike loses powered and bogs down to nearly cut out until till I keep trying then rebuilds power ?

I've just today de-restricted while Checking my rollers and there not perfectly round they have warned down edges so I weighed them and they all way 6.5g do I need lighter rollers if so which size

Or is it fuel starvation and need to up jet

Thanks Daniel

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Up jet one or two sizes.
    With de-restricting the bike, you are now allowing it to rev higher and go faster, requiring a little more fuel

3. Mr coin

Mr coin New Member

Okay thanks will try that and post the put come

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    you could pop in 5.5g rollers or just drop down by .5 gram and add 6g rollers. usually the ball park starting area is around 5g to 6g.
    the rollers are tuning where the rpm's are , with a lighter roller the take off will be a little more punchy.

rollers will wear over time so replacing is not a bad thing , a really worn roller can feel like the scooter fails to drop down into a lower ratio and may struggle a little to pick up speed as they get a little stuck or just dont roll in the chanel to well.

Dont try to fix two things at once, as steve has mentioned first re-adjust your main jet in carb. once thats done and runs ok, then swap out your rollers to fine tune you scooters variator. trying to fix two things at once can make problems. so re-jet then when it feels right change rollers.

Lighter rollers = engine revs up higher more early on take off, the higher rpm means you get a little more oomph when pulling away.
    heavy rollers = engine revs up higher but a lot later, the heavy rollers need less engine speed before they fully open out and put you into a higher gearing ratio quicker. a common sign of to heavy rollers are hill climbs when your bike just fails to hold a half decent hill speed and drops way down low, like 15mph. or you back off the throttle then wind the throttle back on and the bike takes forever to gain speed ( common signs the rollers are a little to heavy )

BunnyMum likes this.
  5. Mr coin

Mr coin New Member

Okay so I got the 64 jet for them to give me the wrong one so now I had to put the old one in till I change it tomorrow and notice air bubble in my fuel pipe and a little condensation in my air filter and now when full throttle the bike bogs and back fires on low revs

6. Mr coin

Mr coin New Member

Also more weight on the bike makes it do it more often and longer

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Because people like to tune, and a Neos tuned right is pretty quick. I know, I've done it.
    And rollers ain't gonna cure the problem, it's bogging.
    The jet is too small for the speed achieved and it's running out of puff

sean178 and andythebuilder like this.
  8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

+1 on the jet being too small... And if its been ridden long like that there could be some wear on the rings...