Pressure Bleeder

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by JoJo, Oct 26, 2013.

1. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Originally the pipe wasnt in a loop on the bracket, but I put it in there when I changed the Disc etc, so i've now taken it out of that loop and its now just hanging (like it was).. tried to bleed again but my bleed pipe seems to be blocked :-/ have no clue what else I can do now, its really starting to p!ss me off, I dont really want to take it to a Garage and say 'can you bleed my brake' as they'll charge for that and then find out it wont bleed then i'll have to pay extra for them to try and sort it... and it could be something simple but they might charge an arm and a leg! could pay the £20 odd for a new Pipe........ hassle!

2. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    It could be that the master cylinder seals have gone .

3. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Theres been 3 Master Cylinders on it, original Aprilia ones, a Universal one, and now a Aerox one.

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Jo!!!!
    How much have you spent so far trying to sort this yourself???
    £30 odd quid for the last lot of cylinders, seals cost, fluid costs, paint costs, and then time. And it still isn't sorted, and you are still riding around with no back brake!
    Take it to a garage, ask them to have a look first, and then quote a price for anything else that needs doing before they do it. That way you'll get no nasty surprises.

5. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Just new Cylinders which I wanted anyway,
    already had Fluid from before and Sprays etc, I didnt but any Seals...
    so basically only paid for new Cylinders which I wanted as I wanted the Aerox Cylinder Caps,
    the Garages around by me are con artists, one charged me £20 to clean the Carb which was spotless, one wanted £50 for a mock mot, they're only £25 for a proper one, cant trust anyone these days and I dont have the money spare at the moment that the Garages will charge, so might aswell try the things suggested first before going there.

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Here's a thought.
    Create a new help me please thread.

"Help wanted with rear brake problem. Must live in Cardiff area. Can only offer cups of tea/coffee/sandwich as reward, but will be really grateful"

:D:D:D

7. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Funny, would rather learn by doing it myself with suggestions from others and try it myself before spending alot in a Garage with the experience already that they overcharge.

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Fine, try this method to rule out the master cylinder; get a piece of brake pipe with proper fittings at one end to go onto the master cylinder, and straight cut at the other end, no fittings. Attach to the cylinder and bleed it till no more bubbles, then clamp the hose off with mole grips and see if the pressure is fantastic. If it is,then the problem is either the brake line or the rear caliper.

9. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Well all 3 Master Cylinders didnt work so im going to rule them out anyway as 1 Master Cylinder was brand new, the ones I have now were from a working Aerox, and my original Aprilia one was working until the Banjo was taken off the rear Caliper... and again from taking the Caliper apart and checking everything it all looks fine... regarding the Pipe, when the Levers pumped the Fluid runs out of the bleed nipple easily, but yeah will try that tomorrow hopefully if it isnt raining!

10. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Stevep likes this.
  11. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Wicked thanks alot Bizzle.

12. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

For £20, worth a punt. Just bought one. We'll see if it can sort the pressure out on the clutch on my 1100.

13. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Done that rear brake yet Jo?

14. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Not yet, weathers been awful and business has been abit hectic (joys of running your own company!)

Dad might be down from London on the Weekend so might help with it,
    going to purchase some more Brake Fluid now and might get that Vacuum Bleeder that was suggested.

Either that, or take it to the Garage and get them to charge me to bleed it (or try to) and if that dont work i'll have to pay for them to find out whats wrong and to fix it, if a new Pipes needed then i'll have to then pay to get that etc etc etc....

I'll get that Fluid and Bleeder for now and see how it goes on the weekend.

15. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I ordered one of those, been dispatched today, so should have it shortly.
    What business are you in then?

16. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Graphic Design/Clothing - www.urbankaos.co.uk
    spent the day redoing the Website, stressing, while trying to get Clients work done!

I've just got 3 more bottles of Fluid anyway...
    will get that Vacuum Bleeder aswell, hopefully it'll be here by the weekend,
    will spend the day on it then over my Grandmothers with my Dad,
    hopefully get it done, had a Letter today about the Tax, has to be done by the 30th November,
    so yeah... will see on the weekend :)

17. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Got that Vacuum Pump today, just tried it (just started to rain though so had to come in)...
    took the Cap off the Cylinder, made sure it was full with ...
    put the Pump etc together,
    pump - tube - lid - tube - lid - tube - nipple fixing
    pumped it 10-15 times, opened up the nipple valve, nothing came out,
    pumped it some more, its just little dribbles here and there,
    when i'd bleed it with my other bleeding tube, fluid would easily come out from pumping the lever,
    not sure whether these fixings are stopping anything or making it harder?
    any suggestions from anyone that has one.....?

18. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Open the bleed nipple quite a way then start pumping to pull the fluid through without obstruction. Close the bleed a bit then pump sone more through before nipping up the nipple,

19. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Yep did that, pumped while the nipple was open but still just tiny trickles, abit weird...
    came with 3 fixings, used the smallest one which seemed like a good snug fit on the nipple,
    pumped and then opened it.... pumped while it was open aswell.... still just little trickles now and then.

20. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    It sounds like you've got air getting into the system. Did you replace the banjo washers? cos they could be letting air into the system. Another thing to check is in the master cylinder reservoir that the return hole is not blocked.