Premix?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by smiithers42x, Oct 24, 2012.

1. smiithers42x

smiithers42x Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50cc
    Hello i am a 3rd owner of this piaggio zip... its been done up from a 50cc to a 70cc with a bore kit and performance exhaust.... but i cannot find out why is it running on premix ?

If any one got any suggestions please let me know...
    P.S what are the advantages/disadvantages running on premix ?

2. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

well most likely your oil pump has been removed , could be that your oil tank aint there either.

and advantage of premix that yor oil is mixed with petrol = better lubrication and no risk that your engine will size when little oil pump belt snaps

3. smiithers42x

smiithers42x Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50cc
    The oil thank is there and i am green when it comes to peds so when i get the fairings off underneath the seat where roughly should the oil pump be? or what should it look like cuz i opened it once and could only localate the cylinder spark plug carburetor and the air filter... it be great if you can find an image what it looks like...

from your point of view is it better to keep it on premix or get it fixed so it runs normally ?

4. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Some 70cc require using premix as the oil debit isnt adjustable on most standard oil pumps. generally we are talking about racing 70cc.

Just follow the hose from the oil tank, it goes first to the pump then to the carb. :)

5. smiithers42x

smiithers42x Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50cc
    There's no hose going from the oil tank lol

6. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Well the oil pump is, if I remember well, is on the transmission side, just in front of the electric start behind the variator. Quite a few zip users in here so a few people might be able to confirm that. :)

Other engines have it behind the ignition.

7. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Well the oil pump is, if I remember well, is on the transmission side, just in front of the electric start behind the variator. Quite a few zip users in here so a few people might be able to confirm that. :)

Other engines have it behind the ignition.