Premix Ratios ?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by smiithers42x, Oct 27, 2012.

1. smiithers42x

smiithers42x Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50cc
    What is a good premix ratio? cuz the previous owner was a moron and was using 1 oil : 5 Fuel causing it not to start correctly and producing a big blue cloud of smoke coming out the exhaust for like 3 minutes until it will run properly...

What is a suitable Oil to Fuel ratio for a 70cc piaggio zip ?

2. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

33:1 - 40:1

id run 40:1

you say the last guy ran 5:1?! fuckin hell, so he put a litre of oil in 5 litres fuel?

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

thats one really sooty motor, i would strip and clean the top end, one day i will get a photo from work of cheap oil and what it does to your motor!

4. smiithers42x

smiithers42x Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50cc
    Yes, he run it 1:5 causing a big cloud of blue smoke to come out the exhaust when left over the night and it won't run until the leeft over oil is burned out... I could sit on it pull the throttle all the way and it wouldn't produce any torque at all just wouldn't move at all for like 3-5 minutes

Thanks guys!

5. smiithers42x

smiithers42x Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50cc
    And as much as I would love to strip it down and clean, I'm not capable of doing it myself (I'm only 16 :D and started mechanics college will be able to do it eventually) and local mc mechanics/garages will charge me silly amount!

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

its easier than you think to strip a two stroke engine, at work we get it done in an hour, strip and rebuild, the worst bit is removing all your panels. you got a good career choice, im a mechanic and started when i was young. get in contact with some race teams, they always want extra help for little jobs and its amazing experience

smiithers42x likes this.
  7. smiithers42x

smiithers42x Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50cc
    Yeah but don't want to do it until I practice at college, as I need to use my ped for work everyday... But sure will try it at one point!

scubabiker likes this.
  8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

yeah, although you always run the risk of finding more work than you planned for. might be worth taking the plug out each morning if its easy to get to and kicking it over a couple of times with no plug.

9. smiithers42x

smiithers42x Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50cc
    What will that do?

Edit:

I reckon cuz his ratio was too torch I'm better off getting a new spark plug to as this one could me covered in all that black crap...

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

would help flush out some of the excess oil

11. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    fucking hell. That kid must of been thick as fuck.

andy-pp likes this.
  12. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

same, but seriously, stripping a smoker engine is a howling piece of piss once you know what your looking at. just start the strip down on a friday night, then youve got all weekend for the rest.

even if you dont strip the engine, just take all the panels off one day so you can learn how everything fits.

I doubt youll need to strip the engine anyway, just really dilute the fuel so it has less oil in it, then let it tickover for a while so it can clear itself

13. smiithers42x

smiithers42x Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50cc
    so 1L of petrol to 45ml of oil sounds good?

14. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

1L petrol to 20ml of oil

15. smiithers42x

smiithers42x Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50cc
    But on my bottle says mixing radio is 2% : 4% what's that in like ml to literse? Lol

16. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

eh?

2% of what?

2%petrol:4%oil?

just use 20ml of oil to 1L of petrol which is aparently what the standard pumps put out

17. smiithers42x

smiithers42x Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50cc
    I dunno lol, you sure ?

18. smiithers42x

smiithers42x Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50cc
    I've put 350ml oil to 10L petrol alright ?

19. astro77

astro77 Active Member

its 50:1 so 100ml of oil to 5 litres of fuel or 20ml of oil to 1 litre of fuel

20. astro77

astro77 Active Member

200ml oil to 10L of petrol:D