Possible late timing?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Karmafield, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Karmafield

Karmafield Member

Hello,

Put my Derbi back together! Now it features Doppler Endurance, Metrakit 70cc (finally), 14/52 sprocket, Yasuni R2! Did some adjustments, put 98th main jet on my dellorto 17.5mm (on 50cc 88th was running great), adjusted idle etc. Now went for a ride... This is where it all began.

Was riding on low rpm, tried revving it a bit, but had some delay at 1/2 throttle. The same was happening on my 50cc stock, after all, the exhaust was made for sport 70cc. Well, didn't really mind that. After some riding on small roads, everything seemed great.

Went on semi-highway roads, drove at 40mph (66km/h), 6th gear, low rpm. Started to lose a lot of power, then started backfiring on full throttle and bogging. The backfire wasn't like an explosion, just firing repeatedly, just right where the exhaust starts. Opened the choke a bit, seemed like backfiring stopped, but then it bogged down completely and figured I can't drive like this. Pushed it home in the middle of the night ( I was scared sh*tless ). Thought it was the jets, so I tried 132, 122, 108 and all were doing worse than with 98. It is not the jetting then? Maybe the ignition is too retarded and have to advance it a bit? Haven't driven my bike for almost a month (hurts like hell). Want to get this baby finally running!

Please help! Thank you!

2. Karmafield

Karmafield Member

Ok, so I adjusted the ignition a bit. It was off 1-2mm counter-clock wise. It was running better than it did, so I took it for a ride. Everything worked amazing, until I came to a stop ( I recommend you turn down headphone volume ):

It started idling roughly and made the bogging sound. Did I turn it clock wise too much? Please help!

P.s After it cooled down, was working normally. o_O