Possible belt warn need advice

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Mr Ross Welton, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Mr Ross Welton

Mr Ross Welton New Member

Hi all

Thanks in advance, so basically my problem is when I let off the throttle I here a winding like the belt rubbing.

So I took the cover off and can see the belt touching the bottom of the cover, now yes I know this makes sense to change belt but It looks brand new? Could this of had the wrong belt fitted?.

I also took clutch and rollers out etc look fine.
    The rear drive shaft has play in and out not back and forward I'm not sure if this is normal.

So my question is, when a belt is warn should it sag? As I don't seem to of lost any power. Could this be a sign of wear else were?

Oh it's a gilera nexus 300ie 2010

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    The belt does rub on the inside of the case from time to time, nothing to worry about. The wining could be gearbox driving the engine on over run, the belt doesn't sag when worn. A belt on yours should be changed every 10-12,000 miles regardless and only use a genuine belt!

3. Mr Ross Welton

Ok changed the belt still a like working nose when coming off throttle and slowing down. So what would I need to fix it?

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Doe's it whine when just pushing it along with engine off? If so it could be a gearbox bearing or worn gears!

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Hmmm yeah I would be suspecting a bearing too.

6. 4strokelover

4strokelover Active Member

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Mine does this when i tighten one of the tranns cover bolts so i cant have one bolt in lol

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Ive seen that a few times, normally a support bearing a little worn or wonky...

8. Mr Ross Welton

[​IMG] yeah no nose when i roll it along but doing this did make me aware of how bad the back pad was lol!, this rear bearing can someone point it out? it doesnt seem to affect the performance. It happens as soon as you release the throttle like the sound of belt rubbing.

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Any of the bearings in there can make the noise. 3 is a bearing, I think thats the unput side of the reduction box though. 5 is another bearing and the spindle 12 I think goes to the wheel and is supported by the "wheel" bearing.

10. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Support bearing ? It is weird tho. Its only 1 trans cover bolt that when i do it up (when engine running) it starts making a rubber screatching sound that gets louder then cuts the engine out after a few seconds. Its fine without that one bolt tho so no problem aha.

11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Bearing in the cover...

12. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Ah yes i get you. If your on about the trans cover then there is no bearing in it.

13. Mr Ross Welton

Ok worth popping off taking a look is it an easy job, I mean if I open it is it easy to pull apart and put back together or do bits fallout all over the place

14. Mr Ross Welton

Ok so just an update I basically bought all of the bearings plus the ones In case on the swingarm yet this noise persist. All I can explain is that it like the belt rubbing