Porting a 70 barrel

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Haresign, Dec 25, 2007.

1. waxhead

waxhead Member

Well im off to bed

interesting discussion

I know i have a lot to learn on these engines

2. the eel

the eel New Member

you should ch.................

ok, www.efukt.com

I'm so into Asian hobo sex,

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    LOOOOL now thas random.. good chatting with some pro's of another discaplin.. im probably learning more from this than you two..

keep the tech stuff commin as theres alot of holes in my knowledge only a few can find an you cant learn unless you admit your wrong.

happy to help where i can and will be askin some stuff of the two of you in the future im sure ;)

:beer:

4. the eel

the eel New Member

Minor, every fucking day is a school day. I'm 38 and wax is senile. (he wears a tartan dressing gown and mumbles to himself at bus stops)

Keep an open mind and absorb.

On a more serious note, unfortunately, waxhead knocked up his missus. Not bad work seeing he wears slippers in public and is a few months off putting all his food through a blender.

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    LOOOOOOOOOOL i get what your saying.. im pritty young to be into 2 strokes really but trying to absorbe 60 years of knowledge i missed out on ;) (24 btw)

:beer:

6. the eel

the eel New Member

the eel has tlgo to brd

7. the eel

the eel New Member

I very much appreciate the knowledge you pommy bastards have offered.

:D

There is zero scooter tuning culture down under, Waxhead and I have been to the local scoot shops and have learned the following.

70 kits get too hot and root engines.

nothing will ever go faster than a 50 with a gianelli pipe.

A malossi variator costs $180.

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    for your climate you will wanna mod the pipes.. (completly forgot this)

most of the pipes made are from cold countrys... sounds silly but if somthings made in a cold country its produced for the air density and ambiant heat of there climate.

if your bikes are running hot with sports pipes fitted (i know for a fact they will be) shorten the end can by around 5-10%.. this should keep the heat down once you get to silly tuning. volume becomes an issue so you may need a thicker can packed a little tighter.
    seems like a silly little thing but this can be the difference between finnishing a race and doing 2 laps of the pit's befor your waterbottle becomes a bubbeling couldren of molten plastic and a strange gas that used to be water

morning btw

9. the eel

the eel New Member

Thats a very good tip.

I'm used to billions of tonnes of free cold water so thermal management on scooter engines is a new thing for me.

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    LOL i did think as much.. but ye keeps the heat down but you may loose some power in places.. usual rule is the same as inlet length.. longer means more top but less initial/accel power

the pipe will simply lower the temp aswell as other charicteristics like volume.. loose 10% of the pipe an gain 10% of the inlet tract length.. not much tbh..a correctly cut reedblock can space the manifold out enuff to combat a shortend pipe.. unless your after more accell an noise :D