port maps 125 /180

Discussion in 'Scooter Guides' started by shiny red, Mar 7, 2009.

1. shiny red

shiny red New Member

[​IMG]
    standard 125 got two from different places and they both measure 56.45 mm strange ?????????? iron obv
    [​IMG]
    standard 180 ali nikasil coating
    [​IMG]
    malossi 172 and polini 175 both ali and nikasil.
    thats my take on it anyways :tup:

2. RY4N172

RY4N172 New Member

nice mate, could come in handy

small exhaust port on the 175 "/

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    small exhaust on all of them!

cheers for throwing them up shiny.. atleast people can now messure there kits themselves and see if there actually doing it right :D (wheres the effective port widths? LOLOL)

4. shiny red

shiny red New Member

degree wheelin as we speak bro ;)

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    i ment the effective port size, not the timings via the crank. ;) LOL

6. shiny red

shiny red New Member

one can only do one thing at a time ,and that might gett lobbed down the garden in a sec :wallbash:

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    LOL having fun im guessing? put the barrel down, go have some fun for once... LOL

8. willoughby172

willoughby172 Member

whats a safe size to open up the ports as i have a few bores siting about that could be gd pratice cheers lads

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    first off, buy a book on 2 stroke engines... it will have all the port info in there (like safe port widths or timings for certian applications) its not good enough for somone to just say "go to 50mm init blud" as your better off understanding why, then you can work it out for yourself.

basicly the safe width of the port (mostly the exhaust port) is already reached with the 172 kit as thats a road cylinder that will do 20,000+ miles. its not its mapped width that matters, its its effective width, wich is messured as a flat width then calculated to an effective width over the cylinder bore diameter. theres a few ways of messuring this, altho i wont go into it as its all ben coverd many times in books, like roy bacons 2 stroke tunning or performance tunning by a.g.bell. thats just to mention 2. get down the library if this kind of stuff interests you. your on a forum reading and learning about bikes, why not pick up a book and learn about engines ;)

10. willoughby172

willoughby172 Member

ok mate got the second book on order