Poor acceleration

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Souhail Touil, May 29, 2019.

?

What sizes of jets does it use from stock

Poll closed Jun 28, 2019.
  1. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. D

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Souhail Touil

Souhail Touil Fair1991

I bought a second hand piaggio typhoon 125 4 stroke 2014 model about 4000 miles in the clock mainly for commuting, the bike use to be fine, however it only does arround 50mph which i find it strange as it doesn't feel like it reached top speed but it feels like if there was a restrictor, anyway... the accleration was fine at the beggining, ones i had a motor starter problem, took to a garage in the main time they suggested to clean the carb, when they cleaned and changed the jets and belt andnrollers, now it accelerates less, top speed it's the same but it takes longer to reach it and it uses 2 times the amount of petrol that it was using before
    , my cuestion is: could be the jets like theybput smLler ones or something like that, also i would like to know what size of pilot and main jets are used in this model foe stock because it was better at acceleration thankss... Hope i was clear explaining english is not my first language,.

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Hello and welcome. Main jet: 82, Idle jet: 42. I also was going to suggest giving the carb a good clean but if you say they already did that then it sounds like they may well have used different sized jets. Are you sure the garage didn't do anything else to the bike apart from belt and rollers? What size rollers did they use? Is the garage a piaggio dealer cause if it is they should know what the correct sizes are.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  3. Souhail Touil

Souhail Touil Fair1991

Hi, thanks for the jet size and reply, no it wasn't a piaggio dealer just a garage that claims to be specified in piaggios, however i was lookig at the reciet they have changed the rollers sliders, belt, cleaned the carb but indon't know about the sizes they have put in anything, i might need a service manuals for this bike as i don't have it, but i was assuming that they have put the wrong size of idle jet as it runs poor in law rpms but i don't know much about bike, however i will try to open the carb check the jets if they are the right size,, many thanks bro

milo2025 likes this.
  4. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

No worries! :)