Polini sport 70cc on a derbi gp1

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Rickard Pingol, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

I got a hold of this exhaust a few months ago. Mostly because of its looks. I have a few questions?
    1. Its not so much info on this exhaust.. found this on a french site: -- From a performance point of view, this pot is to be associated with a slightly modified configuration. Its performance at high speed being more than minimal, it is impossible to combine it on a powerful machine. Its strong point, the power it offers at low speed, good acceleration is possible after installation. In conclusion, a Leovince exhaust that looks good and has satisfactory performance!--
    Its supposed to work with both 50 and 70 cc cylinders. My question is would polini sport jazz with this exhaust?
    2. Is polini sport any fun? Watched some take off on scooters on youtube fitted with the sport. And it looks a little bit boring. And slow. Or am i wrong. Its mostly to be used as day to day riding. So i focus on reliability 425cac195341df21818bee0651c1af2d.jpg 20200104_172645-1.jpg 3. Maybe i should go with the corsa insted. But that would be additional costs. And a new pipe. And i probably would have to spend some money on welding the new exhuast to fit the derbi gp1.

BunnyMum likes this.
  2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Hello Rickard I love the Polini pipes, I think they sound fantastic and they have that thoroughbred Italian engineering blood flowing through them (grammatically speaking) despite the fact they're probably now made in China, and none the worse for that truth be told. I'm riding a Chinese scoot for the very first time in my life and I love it primarily because it doesn't break down like the majority of my other bikes used too. Hope I haven't spoken to soon, tempting fate is never a great idea. If it ain't broke don't fix it -that's my New Years Resolution of sorts.

3. Rickard Pingol

My first post was a bit confusing. Il pray for you regarding chinese scooters :). Had one. It obliterated to pieces. From new to trash in two years. But i ride my bikes like an asshole to. theres good and bad from china. The pipe on the picture is a leo vince handmade titanium. Its power is at the low end. So i thought it might fit the polini sport cylinder. Where the main power is at the low end. It has around 7-8 hp. While the corsa delivers around 12 hp. But then i need a new pipe and there arent that much pipes put there for the Gp1. But im thinking about still try the polino sport out. If it isnt to my satisfaction. Ill just step it up with the corsa

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    milo2025 likes this.
  4. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

5. Rickard Pingol

Thats even better. If i would go corsa cylinder. I figured the best should be to use together with polini for race exhausts. Have the impression polini overall have high quality, and good looking stuff

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I would sooner a Chinese made exhaust than Italian one....