pm59 vs malossi mhr vs pollini evo pipes

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by tip1, Apr 28, 2009.

1. tip1

tip1 New Member

hiya all. I am after some advice on the above enhatsts. Has anyone use either the malossi or pollini pipes ? I had set my heart on the pm59 cause i just love the look with the chrome and carbon can options but people are telling me that the other two exhausts are better ? Does anyone have any opinions on the power output and power delivery of them ? Thanks. Ricky.

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    id have the malossi out of the 3... but this is posted quite often... read about the board as theres plenty disgussion on this

3. rideorcollide

rideorcollide Active Member

Rides:
    TYPH 172
    ive had a 59 and a malossi
    got a 59 on my bike now but im buying a new malossi because the pm's rattle too much and im always scared its gonna snap,
    and malossi gives you much better mid and top end power.
    i like the look of the polini one but i havent ever heard anything about them so i dont wanna get one for it to be shit

4. tip1

tip1 New Member

Cheers lads.

As i say the only thing that draws me towards the pm59 is the looks. If i went for it in chrome and with carbon can it would cost me £200 plus £60 plus £80 so £340 in total annd thats without 15% vat on top.

Also i have seen on scooter centre that jolly moto produce an exhaust for the 172 kit as well as the 125 kit. I have done some searching for info on these exhausts and not many people seem to run them. Is this because they are no good, or just hard to get hold of ?

Same as with the nk sprint, where would i get one of those from ?

I have upto £400 to spend on an exhaust i suppose, but i must be able to get it chromed if its bare metal ( i will get this done locally ).

Many thanks

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    people tend to not want to chance an "unknown" pipe.. id run a jolly any day. not many of them about and 99% of people wont just buy a new pipe these days. theres ALOT of pm's nocking about as they were and still are the most popular pipe to run (FUCK knows why, there fucking horible looking, break and sound like shit) hence theres not many jolly's on ebay/bikes.. plus nobody wants to risk somthing diff when they can get a pm, know what it does/performs risk free...

so ye, not bad pipes ATALL

6. tip1

tip1 New Member

Sorry to keep asking you all the questions !

Again i have been searching but cant find no answers.

Jolly Moto do a pipe for the 125 / 180 and then one for a 172.

Would you happen to know the difference between the 2?

Ideally i just wanna buy one pipe, the plan is to run one for now on my 125 kit, and then in a month or 2 get the engine 172'd and keep the same pipe.

In the long term it would be better to have the 172 pipe, but do you think i would be able to run it on a standard 125 for a while ?

Many thanks

Ricky

7. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

jollys are good.

like said not many about but have seen a few crop up on ebay.de a few times.

everytime i have looked at the 172 verison its ALWAYS been out of stock so duno if they are still available

8. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

everything ive heard about the polini has been good its well made and is a good price it was even cheaper a while ago before prices went up.
    if i was going to buy a new branded pipe nower days it would be the jolly moto or polini. i like the malossi but seem a bit too much for me

9. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

the polini weights foooooook alll !!!!!!!

10. tip1

tip1 New Member

On donotlink ped stop there is only a 5er difference between the malossi and the polini, but people say they never get certain bits in stock ( like the 172 kits lol ).

I will email scooter centre and see if they can get the 172 version of the jolly moto, and if not it will either be the polini or the malossi dependant on what i can get at the time.

Does anyone know anywhere else i could get a jolly moto exhaust from, maybe in the uk ?

Cheers

11. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

polini are cheaper on scooter centre mate i was luck i was going to buy one when a new one poped up on ebay i got it for £200 brand newww

12. breamy

breamy New Member

Rides:
    Typh 172
    scootermatix will beable to get it pal, cheaper than the rest tbh

13. bait

bait Active Member

lol says their number 1 fan

14. breamy

breamy New Member

Rides:
    Typh 172
    Only Speaking the truth, i wouldnt use em if they wernt cheap as alas im a yorkshireman :w00t:

15. bait

bait Active Member

was only jokin lol its just evrything any one wants ur always ther to say "scootermatrix have and are cheaper"

16. breamy

breamy New Member

Rides:
    Typh 172
    :rofl: :rofl: we all love bargins tho, im tighest kid walking so i know bargins :p

17. Vesta

Vesta New Member

you sure they can get it? thought scooterattack only did 50/70 bits

18. breamy

breamy New Member

Rides:
    Typh 172
    they deal with nearly 100companys

so ye they can get it as they deal with scooter centre etc

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    a 172 pipe can be used on a 125 but a 125 pipe cant be used on a 172. well they will all run but you will have some bullshit power wiht a 125 based pipe on a 172, especially if you go for a ported bike. fuck all point running a pipe on a stock 125 tbh. theres only tiny gains to be had at the expense of losses (so 1bhp gain from the best pipe at peak power isnt worth the 3bhp loss at half revs)

20. tip1

tip1 New Member

Right thanks for the replies.

I have contacted 2 places and they have both told me that the jolly moto 172 pipe is virtually impossible to get hold of and they havent had any in stock for months.

Some sweedish guy on here is selling 1, but if i cant get that then i will go for the polini pipe and then gonna get it chromed. I just dont think that the malossi pipe with the blue end can will look right on the bike ( unles i could change the end can ?? ).

Anyways i have been looking at some dyno charts, and the malossi and polini pipe have pretty much the same curve and power gains.

Many thanks

Ricky